Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: French Garden Restaurant - Pattaya

Liked

French Garden Restaurant - Pattaya

For those of you who enjoy fine dinning in a quiet, tranquil setting then try French Garden Restaurant in Pattaya. French Garden is just off Thappraya Road (the road from Pattaya to Jomtien) on a non-numbered between Soi 7 & Soi 9.

Very quiet and in an enchanting tropical setting with a pool and waterfall.
    There is also indoor seating if needed but most diners prefer the outdoor dining area.

Good menu with many selections and ample portions. Great lamb chops and lamb shank; good steaks; tuna steak,lobster etc. This time I had the Ostrich steak which was exceptional at about 350 Baht. There is a fixed price special at 550 Baht which includes an entree, main plate, dessert and a 1/4 carafe of house wine.

Most often I bring my own bottle(s) of wine and pay a corkage fee of 200 Baht/bottle.

My Thai bf, le petit prince, loves this place.

Madame Rita, the owner, is very gracious and will give you a warm welcome.

http://frenchgardenpattaya.com/home

Liked

Re: French Garden Restaurant - Pattaya

I agree - excellent food, large portions, good wait staff and Rita's personal greeting and attention.

Liked

looks nice, i will give it a go in june

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    French Garden is just off Thappraya Road (the road from Pattaya to Jomtien) on a non-numbered soi between Soi 7 & Soi 9.
    Is that the soi that has Buondi Italia Restaurant (do people still call the place 89 Baht Spaghetti?) on the Th. Thappraya corner? Is it the nameless soi with the arches?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Rainwalker View Post
    Is that the soi that has Buondi Italia Restaurant (do people still call the place 89 Baht Spaghetti?) on the Th. Thappraya corner? Is it the nameless soi with the arches?
    Yes, that is the Soi. Proceed just past the arches and it is on the right.

Liked

Interestingly, there are several good restaurants in the vicinity of French Garden.
    On Soi 5 there is Mike's Mexican Restauant; on Soi 9 there is Rin(Verin) Kitchen which has good Thai food; at end of Soi 11 is Cafe des Amis, an upscale restaurant; and across Thappraya Rd from French Garden on Soi 8 is Enjoy Andre which has good steaks and much more at a reasonable price. There are many Pattayites, or is it Pattayans, who live there long time but have little knowledge of some of these places/locations.

As for the 99 Baht Spaghetti Joint, mentioned by Rainwalker, they do have a devoted, if frugal, clientele.