Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thailand present situation

Liked

Thailand present situation

Recently joined Forum not having been to Thailand for many years, so thought would try to get some info to see if its worth going back
    But having looked at various comments on here having my doubts!

Well,still remember first time I went there.
    Arrived with jetlag, booked into hotel and the boy who took me to room said. Hey you want girl?.. I said no thanks,... you want boy... No ..OK, you want me?

Mmmh, I thought I think I might like this place :-)
    Well I did only went for a month.. and stayed 4 years :-)

It was fun in the old days, first Bangkok later Pattaya... in those days anything went, some of it quite outrageous.But never a dull moment :-)

However many comments I seen on here are pretty negative, crap shows,way overpriced drinks,not very attractive boys (and looking at some of the pics, have to say they were well below standard from what was around in the old days, some real beauties then)
    So,..Mmmh thinking cap on... perhaps better off where I am at the moment, in Carribean.
    (and Yes its true whar they say about Black boys...ermm... "equipment" :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand present situation

The scene is a far cry from what it used to be,, no argument there, but is still a fun-loving place for homo's like us.

I like the sound of those well-hung Cerribean guys. Which island are you on?

Liked

No doubt, Thailand has modernized over the years. We've gone from sleeping under mosquito nets (some of us) and having cubes of ice put in our beers to cool them down to having Wi-Fi in our rooms, so certainly things have gotten more expensive over time. Just as seatbelts and helmets on scooters have become mandatory (on certain days), they no longer bring elephants into the bars in Sunee as part of the nightly show.

In many ways Thailand has changed and isn't the exciting, "anything goes" world that it once was. On the other hand, things have improved quite a bit. In Bangkok, it no longer takes you several hours to go a few kilometers in rush hour traffic. These days there's a heck of a lot more choice in Pattaya for a night out for dinner.

I don't know... I like both the old Thailand and the new.

Surfcrest

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 28th, 2016), Moses (March 27th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Am I wrong, or wasn't the OP discussing bars, boys, drinks prices and fun? Can't see any improvement there in Bangkok! LOL

Liked

Dodger is right. While not as buzzy as it was it still beats anywhere else and you can still have a ball. Or two, haha.

Liked

@ >Dodger
    >I like the sound of those well-hung Cerribean guys. Which island are you on?

Well, it's known as Hispanola, which to the uninitiated is split into two parts the larger part on the right is Dominican Republic and to the left the smaller part, Haiti.
    Of course completely different to Thailand there isn't the large gay scene, this place is more geared to the Heteros, place is stuffed full of prostitutes.
    however with the crappy economic situation many of the guys are not averse to earning themselves some..ermm... Pocket money so to speak :-)
    and there is a good mixture here of Latinos and Black which adds to the variety.
    As for the hung bit ..well yes, although it's a myth all Blacks are mega hung, they are definitely above average.

Especially compared to the Asian "hung like a badger" variety :-)
    Although looking back I think Thais are normally bit better hung than other Asians.

My current "special friend" is actually a Haitian, there are many here legally and illegally they pop across the border as economic situation there is even worse, the Dominicans basically use them as cheap labour and they are treated pretty bad.
    Well this Haitian definitely is in the above average bracket ..well actually the biggest I've ever seen and I've been around a bit :-)
    It's 9 inches and thick, had to look twice first time to make sure I wasn't seeing things, so I decided it needs a special name! I have nicknamed him "Nessie" after the Loch Ness monster, which seems an apt nickname :-)

But like everywhere there are downsides, the crime rate here has been getting pretty bad, several tourists been murdered recently, although I do recall when I was in Thailand there was this spate of foreigners "accidentally" falling from high-rise buildings in Pattaya, I expect that is still happening knowing Thais?

One big plus though immigration is so relaxed it's almost unbelievable, officially one only gets 30 days, but in practice after that you just stay and theres no hassle. I've been here two years and although technically an illegal immigrant, they don't bother you at all.
    I've known people been here six years with no hassle and even started businesses. All that happens is the day you leave after so many years, you might get funny look at immigration and then they say OK x-amount of dollars please and that's it no problem.
    Well depends how long you over-stay, fines are on a sliding scale from six months to 5 years or longer. But the fines are reasonable and definitely much cheaper than having to leave the country every 2 or 3 months- like bloody Thailand! thats one thing that always pissed me off about Thailand. Don't know how it is now, but I used to have to go to the nearest embassy which was in Malaysia every two or three months,.. three day trip on the train, expensive and time wasting!

But unfortunately as they say good things never last, there has been talk here lately of clamping down on foreigners living here, so changes are afoot by the look, which is one of the reasons for looking elsewhere.

So at the moment it's a tossup between Thailand and Eastern Europe which used to be pretty good too, but things have changed.
    Decisions, decisions :-)

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 29th, 2016)

Liked

@ >Dodger
    did reply to your question re which island, but seems Moderators have got their knickers in a twist over something, so reply is blocked for now, so you may not see it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ro2124 View Post
    @ >Dodger
    did reply to your question re which island, but seems Moderators have got their knickers in a twist over something, so reply is blocked for now, so you may not see it.
    not a reply, but letter "at" - @ from e-mails is blocked... too many spammers, all posts with such letter are going to moderation, that why you don't see spam at forum: it is filtered by robot and moderators...

so, if you don't want to see your reply been published with delay - just don't use @ then, also it has no sense at forum since here isn't Twitter with autotagging of recipient... hint: you can use 2 (in meanig "to Dodger") if you want shortcut: 2Dodger or 2:Dodger

I'm looking for mod which will allow to print recipient's nickname in one click, but still didn't find it...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I enjoyed this part of your post

Quote Originally Posted by ro2124 View Post
    All that happens is the day you leave after so many years, you might get funny look at immigration and then they say OK x-amount of dollars please and that's it no problem.
    Well depends how long you over-stay, fines are on a sliding scale from six months to 5 years or longer.
    Makes it sound like you're happy to spend a few years in jail - but I realise that's not quite what you meant!!

I've been a confirmed Asia-phile for 35 years (the term rice queen really does tend to grate!) and I'm not going to change now. Whilst you obviously enjoy the attractions of Hispaniola, it does seem from what you write that the negatives are at least as great as those in Thailand, if not more so. Yes, we still hear of occasional gruesome murders of tourists. There is still the occasional flying farang, mostly in Pattaya and usually some poor soul who has lost everything to the girl he was sure loved him so desperately he happily put her in charge of all his assets, of bar owners whose businesses have tanked (not nearly as lucrative a profession as it probably once was) or of the agonies of discovering lover-boy's attentions had been transferred elsewhere.

Yet despite the grumblings I have posted about the bars and nightlife scene not being nearly as much fun "as they used to be", as you rightly say good things rarely last. Time moves on. Yet Thailand continues to offer a great deal. The visa regulations here have been tightened up quite recently and I'm not sure how you get a long-stay multiple re-entry visa unless you are over 50 and can show you mean to live here for at least that period of time.
    Last edited by fountainhall; March 28th, 2016 at 14:36.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    On the other hand, things have improved quite a bit. In Bangkok, it no longer takes you several hours to go a few kilometers in rush hour traffic.
    Ahem??? A recent survey of almost 300 cities around the world had Bangkok as No. 2 for traffic jams after Mexico City!! But I guess you meant the convenience of the Skytrain and subway systems.