List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever been asked to send bail money?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Has anyone ever been asked to send bail money?

Over the years IтАЩve seen most of the Thai Guys appeals for money such as dead buffaloes, storm damaged roofs, sick mothers etc etc. But IтАЩve just had an email from a Thai guy which IтАЩd not heard of before. He says heтАЩs in prison for drunk driving (a motorcycle) and needs 7000 THB for bail or he will will have to stay in prison for 15 days. He says he frightened and in a cell with a drug addict. He says he will also loose his job.

What do you think? Genuine or is this another ploy that people have heard of.

As far as IтАЩm aware heтАЩs honest when IтАЩm with him as heтАЩs absolutely hopeless at telling lies to my face but a Facebook message is another matter and he does ask for money occasionally but I always refuse.

I was interested to note, however, that the latest friend added to his Facebook list this morning is a Policeman from PattayaтАж

Liked
    I’ve now spoken to my friend and to one of his friends who speaks better English. I’ve also seen some photos of his damaged motorcycle. I’ve no doubt that the accident did happen and he was held at the Police Station for one night.

His boss turned out to be more understanding than he expected and gave him an advance of 2,000 Baht on his salary so he didn’t loose his job. His friends then got together and lent him the other 5,000 to get him out of the Police Cell.

The “bail” was initially set at 10,000 Baht but was subsequently reduced to 7,000 Baht and threats of court appearances seem to have been dropped.

He didn’t ask again for money and I didn’t send him any.

Liked

Re: Has anyone ever been asked to send bail money?

When a Cambodian man I was with was arrested for overstay by police at a drugs stop we went to the police station in the back of a police van. The cops asked for 5,000 bt to forget it and he bargained them down to 3,000. I presume he used the 'Mother Hubbard' negotiating gambit (the cupboard is bare). Since it was my 3,000 I consider this a result. He did offer to pay me back but I said no to that as he didn't have much. As others have said, 'bail' can be a flexible concept.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (July 27th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...times r tough for all including the police with all the entertainment establishments closed their tea money revenue stream has all but died up...as for your Cambodian...hes got a body...surely u could come to an arrangement...just saying..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...times r tough for all including the police with all the entertainment establishments closed their tea money revenue stream has all but died up...as for your Cambodian...hes got a body...surely u could come to an arrangement...just saying..
    Latin....forever the kindhearted.....just saying.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (July 28th, 2020), Oliver2 (July 27th, 2020), Patanawet (July 27th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..have u ever considered that he's loosing face by having to accept charity ...

Liked

An overcome with the spirit of human kindness Latin wrote.
    "..have u ever considered that he's loosing face by having to accept charity ..."

Seriously!
    'You want boy? Tip for me?'

They teach them that in kindergarten.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...LOL...ROFL...wish

Liked

A friend from Myanmar who used to work in Bangkok without a visa for Thailand once told me he got caught by police and had to pay 10 kTHB (no visa and no work permit).

A friend from Lao recently asked me to translate the following from Thai to English: he got caught while trying to cross the Mekong and needs 25 kTHB to be released. On his facebook posts of normal life continue.

I have sent the one or other boy 500 or 1000 or in rare cases even 2000 THB, but if anyone hits me up with such numbers: sorry, cannot!

Liked

Hiring someone a couple of times does not mean we are liable to act as an insurer of last resort for any bar boys.

Or even be on a panel of "insurers", along with all the other punters they have had in the last few years.

As for 25,000 baht for crossing the Mekong, surely the police who are experienced in the process of bribe collection expect to negotiate the bribe for a minor offence to a level where the victim can actually afford to pay it ? So rightly or wrongly, I would immediately assume a boy asking for 25,000 is just making a fraudulent request.