List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to send the BF some money ?

Liked

Best way to send the BF some money ?

I have not seen anything posted on this for awhile. What is currently the best way to send money to BF in Thailand?

I did some checking today. Western Union converts US dollar to 29.6 baht ! Crappy exchange rate as should be almost 31 baht. They also add on a $15.00 USD fee for sending $125.00. Seems crazy expensive.

Any other, better options? Is anyone using PayPal ?

What is everyone using?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Best way to send the BF some money ?

Paypal is expensive also. My suggestion is to get a bank account where you live with an ATM card. Different bank than what you currently use. Put in only what you want him to have and give him the atm card.

Liked

Yes, from USA, you can send money by MoneyGram. Cost is about $10 USD for up to $200 USD and better exchange rate then WU. You can go to MoneyGram web site for more info on costs. MoneyGrams locations are often in CVS Pharmacys and Supermarkets, etc. There is a Red Telephone where you make the call and give the info. You can also send money on-line and debit your bank account. Confusing at first but easy after a few trials. Their customer service reps are non-Americans so sometimes language is a little tricky but not a big problem. Pay out in Thailand is at TMB Thai Military Bank and sometimes Siam Commerical Bank. Once you have confirmation number you email or SMS to your BF.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Mr Boss knows best-all those just for once ways cost heaps of money, both in fees and conversion. You only get real problems with that bank when the card gets lost-eventually it will-and you have to explain how etc. Also make the account such, that no red balance can be had- you put in what you want to give and final; thats it.
    Also these ways have not changed that much-or even at all-since the last 5 yrs or so-so scroll down or search-it all still holds.

Liked

Thanks all.

I am liking the idea of an ATM card under a separate account at my bank. Easy to transfer money to it and BF can get the money when he wants instead of whenever I send it via WU. Of course, it will also make it much easier for him to ask for money...I can see that coming already :sign5:

I would have never thought of this idea, so thanks again.

Liked

With an ATM account be sure the ATM card is Debit only. Typically a Saving Account will be debit only and cannot make purchases. Just a safe guard in case the ATM card is lost or stolen, etc.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Best way is keep the тВмтВм or the $$ in your own pocket - chances are his other BF┬┤s are giving him more then you anyways.

Liked

I only did this once - a copy of weeks before I was to arrive in Pats. I asked a friend living in Jomtien to pass the 10,000 to the boy and I refunded him by paying money into his account here in UK. Neat way to by-pass the bankers eh ?.
    I had offed the boy from a gogo at the end of my previous trip and wanted to continue with him.
    He told me he and his friends got money from farangs and the usual method was Western Union.

why do you bother with it all sending money to your lover ?? sit in an internet cafe and listen to some of the stories going on like i am now .. * baby i miss you so much but now i sleep on the street because i no money to pay my rent .. baby i desperate* you then get to hear one of two next comments ... * ok baby you no love me no more i go to .. now i cry ... or oh thank you baby i love you so much i go to bed now* ... then give it 2 minutes and the same person will be having the same conversation with the next name on the list ... like the other guy said ... use yor head and keep the money in your pocket .

Liked

I have no doubt that there are a lot of Thais running multiple falang "BFs" through the wringer for money.
    I guess my vision of him patiently waiting like a monk while we are apart is dashed forever. And we are both such celibacy-minded guys.... :sign5:

I have no qualms sending some money to someone I consider very special, have known for 2 years, spend a week every 2 months with, and also happens to have a birthday coming up.

There is actually a middle ground between being love-struck dumb and emptying out a retirement account versus sending a fairly trivial amount of money to a BF when you are not able to be there for their birthday.