Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not An Endorsement! / The Scotland Thread Split

Liked

Re: Not An Endorsement!

You lost the referendum OK. YOUR PEOPLE DIDN'T WANT INDEPENDENCE. And supposing you'd won. You wold have to find something else to be angry about. You've always been tetchy but since then you've become virtually slavering with rage.

Liked

I'm not the one SHOUTING dear.

You won the #indyref - get over it!

=))

Liked

It wasn't me who won. It was Scotland.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    It wasn't me who won. It was Scotland.
    You don't speak for Scotland.

Liked

Not An Endorsement! / The Scotland Thread Split

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    And neither do you Scottish. Quite clearly.
    I dont claim to - you're the one that's making pronouncements, not me.

it's far from certain that the #indyref result was genuine but that's in the past and our side is over it even if UKOKers like yourself seem unable to let it go - so let me put it another way:

What happens in Scotland is, frankly, none of your business - you've no vote and no say, so why should we listen to you?

Liked

Scotty: As a UK citizen and with Scotland being a part of The UK what happens there very much is my business. Just as what happens in Wales, England and Northern Ireland is yours. Whether you are interested or not s another matter.

Liked

The funny thing is, Arsenal - I never see you seeking to stick your nose into Welsh or NIrish politics - why would that be? Hmmm?

I'll repeat - because you seem to be hard of hearing - #indyref was none of your business the last time (no vote & no say) and it will equally be none of your business the next time.

Whether you're interested or not, is another matter - so basically - you're welcome to watch (and carp) from the sidelines just so long as you know your place and accept that nobody in Scotland is interested in your opinion.

Now, stop disrupting the thread.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    The funny thing is, Arsenal - I never see you seeking to stick your nose into Welsh or NIrish politics - why would that be? Hmmm?
    Possibly because on this forum there isn't some Welsh or Irish Rab Nesbitt caricature not only flaunting his chip but using it as a soapbox to stand on and bleat about the kilted cunts failed attempt to break away from the UK.

I'll repeat - because you seem to be hard of hearing - #indyref was none of your business the last time (no vote & no say) and it will equally be none of your business the next time.
    You're saying that no one in the UK who didn't have a right to vote in the referendum(ie most of the UK population) has a right to an opinion?

Whether you're interested or not, is another matter - so basically - you're welcome to watch (and carp) from the sidelines just so long as you know your place and accept that nobody in Scotland is interested in your opinion.
    For someone who wrote that he doesn't claim to be speaking for Scotland, you are giving a very passable impression of someone who thinks that he is speaking for Scotland. Perhaps a touch of schizophrenia?

Liked

Unfortunately there are a number of problems with your contribution:

1. The person to bring Scotland into this topic was actually not myself, but Arsenal - specifically his post of Wed 6 Jan, 2016 4:49 pm. So it seems that it was he who placed his soapbox on the pavement - and if you choose to stand on a soapbox, don't be surprised if you get egged!

2. The third quote you give from my post - answers directly the question you pose arising from the second quote you give. Did you not realise that when composing your post?

I'll summarise my position again - by all means you can voice your opinion from the sidelines but don't think for a minute that it counts for anything. Whenever we have #indyref2 people outwith Scotland still won't have a vote.

Now that I've explained the situation to you, would it be possible for you to save the rest of your observations till Spring? That's the time of year that we traditionally have a use for manure.

Liked

You're probably wasting your time Brad. Scottish is not far short of the SNPs equivalent of Islamic Jihad. Here he is talking about the next vote which he certainly wouldn't be doing had his side won. His rage and fury ooze with every post and it's difficult to know who he hates more, the English or the majority of his fellow countrymen who wouldn't do what he wanted them to.
    Scottish: Considerable defences of The UK are based in Scotland including our nuclear deterrent. That in itself makes it my business, doesn't it. As for sticking my nose into Welsh or Norther Irish politics. Well the Welsh don't really have that much in the way of actual politics do they and Northern Ireland seems to be enjoying a period of relative peace so lets leave them to it after a long history of violence.
    However, I reserve the right to stick my nose into any and all of the affairs of any part of my country and so should you. It was probably the vitriolic nature of yourself and others like you that persuaded so many to say no. Your insistence on another vote demonstrates that they were right weren't they.