Day 11

The final full day in Bali. So sad. Meeting up with other Aussie friends today and so spending the morning attending to emails, and generally being a lazy so-and-so.

I finally dragged my arse out to the rice fields north of Ubud in search of a bar/eatery that had got good wraps on TripAdvisor. Fuck know how all those other travellers ever found it as it is few klicks out of town, and near nothing else of import that I could discern.

The folks who own it and who work there were lovely and they made us feel welcome. The menu contains a delightful "raison d'etre" by the owner, and the offerings including plenty of novel dishes we hadn't seen before. We actually didn't come here to eat, but were tempted by the Sweet and Spicy Grilled Corn, a Sweet Potato entree. I never could resist sweet potato.

They have wireless internet, but it's a little bit slow. One of the things they do provide is insect repellent (at each table) which is very thoughtful and sensible indeed.

Talking about the internet, and whilst we were sitting at Warung Bintang Bali one of our Facebook friends posted that we were near to Made Beciks and we should make a bee-line for it, post-haste. I think her exact words included "Oh, the duck".

Given we were in the neighbourhood, we decided to heed the advice and that was about the best decision we made all trip. We tried both the Betutu Chicken and the Grilled Duck. Both were great, but the duck could best be described as exceptional. I remember dropping a piece of duck meat on the floor and almost tearing up over the sense of loss! Truly, this was the best duck I have ever tasted.

I am only sad that we discovered this on our last day in Bali. I would go back in a heartbeat.

The restaurant has wifi, and also charges neither tax nor a service %'age. There are mossies, so take repellant.

So тАУ last day means last massage. What to do? I am a gambling man, and so taking risks are par for the course. However, I thought about the myriad misses this trip, and went back to Modena. I didnтАЩt have anyone in mind тАУ but was delighted to have been allocated the amazing Sumatran, Joe. Nothing тАУ I mean nothing тАУ could have topped this. I only booked a one hour massage (no idea why) and the massage lasted 10 minutes. As to the reason whyтАж well IтАЩll leave that to your imaginations. What a way to end Bali.