Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ios9 update problem

Liked

Ios9 update problem

I recently updated and ever since, this forum's pages appear in black and are very hard to read. Only the home pages appears as normal.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Ios9 update problem

yes likewise, I have had to go into my board settings and select / reselect a different viewing style instead of my usual Prosilver.

Also for all / any of you still working from an office who use are still using Microsoft small business server 2003 / 2007 ( a lot of companies are) and using Microsoft Exchange to push your email to your devices etc be aware that the update also seems to have caused issues there too. On my (i)phone 6 this showed up as emails after being deleted still showing up in the opening screen as still there ( annoying more than disasterous as you keep thinking your've got business mail when you don't just). Also I believe there are issues with wifi connectivity and for two days my phone ran like shit, thankfully it seems to have sorted a lot of that out now - although this may be as I went back and reset everything and reinstalled to before the backup and then reinstalled the update once again just.

So annoying as you'd THINK that a company like Apple could when they bring out updates simply ensure that all existing functions worked on any new update BEFORE writing new code and releasing it - or at least say "hey there's going to be THIS issue", rather than releasing it and then letting their customers find the faults for the (not) to bug fix ( as it appears their not bothering to retro fix this and are saying "well it's as you're connecting to a 2003 software server etc, well yes, I am, but it fucking worked last week so SURELY you can ensure it just STILL works before adding new bells and whistles. Grrrrrr

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh and should you need or wish to do the same re adjusting your board view setting.....it's 3 clicks and starting up above it's click on "User Control panel" then "Board Preferences" then "My board style" and then click on whichever of the three viewing styles suit you / your eyes best ( I've currently back to using Prosilver and it's working again ( for now). Although I would add that I'm ASSUMING just that this was an update issue and not a board issue, perhaps if others have found the same and haven't updated their phones then it's more a board issue that needs looked in to ?

Liked

Fixed it!

Nirish, you're a genius. Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hold that thought perhaps as in my experience it might go again on you :-( but st least you'll know how to reset now if it does.

Surf rest I do wonder if this is something to do with the boards compatibility of design for use on phones as I know this was something Neal was looking into and never quite got fixed as I know even now when everything's working fine artwork wise I still end up with the bamboo image covering half my screen usually ???

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Surf rest I do wonder if this is something to do with the boards compatibility of design for use on phones as I know this was something Neal was looking into and never quite got fixed as I know even now when everything's working fine artwork wise I still end up with the bamboo image covering half my screen usually ???
    No, this may have more to do with the Theme updates that I need to do from time to time and the big master update that we are overdue for. I'm struggling a bit to keep the software working at it's best with what little I know and with what little time I have available to tinker with this lately. It may be time for me to pass this on to someone else.

Surfcrest

Liked

Nirish, you were right. I have to reset my preferences every time I log in. What a pain in the arse.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

@A447 yep, you're right, it's a pain, no doubt about that, let's hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later. Although being fair all round if you google it there's a ton of pages on sites and problems arising from the IOS9 update, I'm guessing this is one of them perhaps - out of interest are others who aren't using apple products finding the same issue ??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    No, this may have more to do with the Theme updates that I need to do from time to time and the big master update that we are overdue for. I'm struggling a bit to keep the software working at it's best with what little I know and with what little time I have available to tinker with this lately. It may be time for me to pass this on to someone else.
    Surfcrest
    As somebody who has worked in the past with phpBB (not in a forum like this, but within a company) Surfcrest is correct.
    If I may give a solution, after I did some basic research on phpBB.com (it has been many years), before I post this, phpBB now has a new system/update that changed a lot.
    They have gone from any version 3.0.x to 3.1.x (at this time x is 6). This new system/setup is a big step forward.
    Mods (little addons) are abandoned and the new system works with Extensions. The excellent advantage is that the Extensions DO NOT change any basic/core code in the phpBB php files. (mods almost always change the core php files).

This makes updates 10000% easier and almost automated.

Updating to the new system requires deactivating/deleting (due to database fields) all old Mods and deleting most php files and install the new version.

All info can be found on phpBB.com, with full instructions.

I would also recommend to cancel the first index WordPress page, since similar can easily be done with a new Extension, but it still might work with WP also, not sure.

I also notice that this forum uses the SEO version (URL's with text). At this time the phpBBseo.com is not yet ready for 3.1.x as an Extension, but they are working on it and a BETA version is ready and working. I suspect this forum will need the SEO part, for the search engines like Google and such, otherwise it will be 404/page not found in Google.

Maybe it is also best to just stay with the standard phpBB theme (proSilver) and just make a few CSS adjustment to change colors, backgrounds and whatever.
    Lets be honest, members come here because of the content, not because it looks "nice".

All this will bring this forum into the next up to date stage, with full mobile compatibility.
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Surf - sounds like SOMEONE cough cough just might be the ideal man for a bit of light sub-contracting work perhaps !? :-)