Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: serious attitude problem?

Liked

serious attitude problem?

Can I ask a question is it just me or do the Russians seem to have a serious attitude problem?
    I am getting to the point where I am considering putting a SORRY NO RUSSIONS ALLOWED sigh outside witch IтАЩm not sure I am actually allowed to do but Bht for Bht they spend I could do without the constant loud rowdy behavior and the serious disrespect they seem to have for Thais and other customers around them over the past 6 months things seem to be getting worse with every crowd that come in.
    Or is it just me. rotest:

Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Liked

Re: serious attitude problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Can I ask a question is it just me or do the Russians seem to have a serious attitude problem?
    I am getting to the point where I am considering putting a SORRY NO RUSSIONS ALLOWED sigh outside witch IтАЩm not sure I am actually allowed to do but Bht for Bht they spend I could do without the constant loud rowdy behavior and the serious disrespect they seem to have for Thais and other customers around them over the past 6 months thing seem to be getting worse with every crowd that come in.
    Or is it just me.
    No, it's not just you Mark. What you see is a result of what many have been praying for in Sunee for a long time now. Your prayers have been answered. Next time be careful what you wish for. Your chickens have come home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    As a matter of interest, how do you know they are Russians, as opposed to someone speaking a language you don't understand? It used to be easy to lump so many peoples under the USSR banner, but no more. Some of them are even in the EU!

Putting up a sign that says "No Russians" might seem like a good idea, but how do you teach your doormen to distinguish between Kazakhs, Czechs, Poles, Slovaks* and so on.

A more productive method might be to get some drinks pricelists printed in Russian and on the back put a simple etiquette guide - maybe they have never seen anything like your bar before and don't know what behaviour is expected?

* Somebody told me yesterday that they once had a maid from Eastern Europe, and she took all day just to hoover one room. She was a Slovak

Liked

As help full as I like to be a cant really agree with that one, I know they have been Russians or say they are when asked by the waiters where they are from as they do with most customers coming in to the bar and to make an individual price menu in one language seems unnecessary the rest of the visitors seem to cope with the signs stating all drinks 99BHT and as for how to act in public that should be a matter of common sense for most people.
    Please donтАЩt think I am trying to be flippant with my answer but I have considered most of what you mentioned earlier on when I notice the problem starting to arise.
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian
    A more productive method might be to get some drinks pricelists printed in Russian and on the back put a simple etiquette guide - maybe they have never seen anything like your bar before and don't know what behaviour is expected?
    [/size][/i]
    Etiquette? In a whore house? What kind of behaviour do you expect in a place where the boys squat on your table waving their cocks in your face?

This is the kind of problem in business where you cannot afford to pussyfoot around the issue. You need to act fast before you lose business from other more valuable customers spreading the word that your place has a rowdy and unpleasant environment, and before your boys start to leave (or start to talk among themselves saying that Boss does not take their feelings into consideration, Boss "no take care boys" -- a very important facet of Thai expectations).

If I were you, I'd do this:

1. Put up a large sign in English and Russian saying "Due to a history of unruly, disrespectable behaviour, we regret will will not admit Russians unless it is someone who comes alone and who abides by our requirement of good manners inside the bar"

2. Train your doormen, and stand with them for several nights until they learn from you how to manage Russians coming by the door; how to implement the sign.

3. For solo Russians who were allowed to enter, train your waiters to collect payment for the drinks as soon as they are served; that way you can bounce them out of the bar whenever they start to misbehave.

What will happen is this:

4. You will get ugly scenes at the door. But think of it this way: It is better to deal with these scenes outside than inside the bar.

5. Word will spread among Russians that your bar no longer welcomes them. Eventually, that will take care of the problem at source.

6. The singles will learn over time what expected behaviour is. Hopefully the culture will spread.

You can take down the sign anytime. But it's better to do something even if not 100 percent effective than to be seen as not doing anything at all.

Unfortunately, while I enjoy the money they spend, I do find most to be rude and obnoxious. WHY? I dont know.
    I do knw that 3 of them 2 or 3 weeks ago were in my bar and wanted to see a show long after the show had ended. We explained to them as best we could that the show was over 1 1/2 hours earlier. They then demanded that their drink fees be refunded and we said as kindly as we could that this was impossible.
    They then threw their beer bottles and glasses and tried to bust up the place. We had to close for an hour to clean up and let the police see. While the police made them pay damages, who cares about that when you are talking safty of your other customers. They ruined our Christmas eve which was the night it happened. I don't know how to solve the problem.

On the other side, we do get many many Russians in the bar that are nice and cordial and do love the show. Damned if you do and damned if you dont!! :sharm:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni21
    This sounds like really great advice to me. Doing nothing should not be an option.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni21
    This is the kind of problem in business where you cannot afford to pussyfoot around the issue. You need to act fast before you lose business from other more valuable customers spreading the word that your place has a rowdy and unpleasant environment, and before your boys start to leave (or start to talk among themselves saying that Boss does not take their feelings into consideration, Boss "no take care boys" -- a very important facet of Thai expectations).

1. Put up a large sign in English and Russian saying "Due to a history of unruly, disrespectable behaviour, we regret will will not admit Russians unless it is someone who comes alone and who abides by our requirement of good manners inside the bar"

2. Train your doormen, and stand with them for several nights until they learn from you how to manage Russians coming by the door; how to implement the sign.

3. For solo Russians who were allowed to enter, train your waiters to collect payment for the drinks as soon as they are served; that way you can bounce them out of the bar whenever they start to misbehave.

What will happen is this:

4. You will get ugly scenes at the door. But think of it this way: It is better to deal with these scenes outside than inside the bar.

5. Word will spread among Russians that your bar no longer welcomes them. Eventually, that will take care of the problem at source.

6. The singles will learn over time what expected behaviour is. Hopefully the culture will spread.

You can take down the sign anytime. But it's better to do something even if not 100 percent effective than to be seen as not doing anything at all.
    Somebody read my mind :hello1:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by unkiebuck
    Unfortunately, while I enjoy the money they spend, I do find most to be rude and obnoxious. WHY? I dont know.
    I do knw that 3 of them 2 or 3 weeks ago were in my bar and wanted to see a show long after the show had ended. We explained to them as best we could that the show was over 1 1/2 hours earlier. They then demanded that their drink fees be refunded and we said as kindly as we could that this was impossible.
    They then threw their beer bottles and glasses and tried to bust up the place. We had to close for an hour to clean up and let the police see. While the police made them pay damages, who cares about that when you are talking safty of your other customers. They ruined our Christmas eve which was the night it happened. I don't know how to solve the problem.

On the other side, we do get many many Russians in the bar that are nice and cordial and do love the show. Damned if you do and damned if you dont!! :sharm:
    unkiebuck
    I donтАЩt have a show as such and I find this is when the trouble is starting they start to demand something I do not provide then get noisy and aggressive about leaving.