Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand expensive for medication

Thailand expensive for medication

I forgot to pack my Crestor so I thought ok all those wise guys on Sawasdee are always talking about getting medication in Thailand. Went to several drug stores in Bangkok. Twice as expensive as good old Australia. Geez how do you expats live here? I thought this was a cheap country.

Liked

Re: Thailand expensive for medication

Had to check what Crestor does. Cholesterol problems eh?
    Better watch that dude ... with all the indiscriminate banging of Thai boys you apparently manage on your trips to Thailand I'd suggest you take care. The next bang might be your last.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Yes, Crestor is expensive ...I think 3700-3800 baht for 28 20 mg tabs .... I cut mine in half so lasts two months ....... due to the fact that there is not generic available yet in Thailand ..... most other high blood pressure, cholesterol and similar meds have available generics and are thus quite inexpensive.

I read somewhere of an Australian wannabee ex-pat who almost keeled over on finding that his insulin would cost him 4 times in Thailand what he pays at home., and that's before he gets the Australian pensioner discount. Apparently he can get enough insulin to last a month for $5 as a pensioner whereas it costs $30 a week in Thailand. He's now decided to spend some of the year in Thailand and haul his cheap medication with him. since the return airfare is way cheaper than getting medication in Thailand.

Liked

"...I cut mine in half so lasts two months "

I was gonna mention that. One should check with a doctor first but with most statins half a dose works just as well.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jvt22222
    Yes, Crestor is expensive ...I think 3700-3800 baht for 28 20 mg tabs .... I cut mine in half so lasts two months ....... due to the fact that there is not generic available yet in Thailand ..... most other high blood pressure, cholesterol and similar meds have available generics and are thus quite inexpensive.

A friend now is taking generic Liptor. A 10mg dose costs 16 baht per day. Pretty cheap. In America, Crestor is more expensive than it is here.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Geez how do you expats live here? I thought this was a cheap country.
    Have you tried CHULA PHESAJ pharmacy? Situated on Rama 4 between Silom and Suriwong.
    Be sure to get the correct pharmacy as there are several on that stretch of road.
    I buy my regular medication from there at half the price of Bangkok Christian.

Liked

Considering the food I see most expats eating in Thailand it's a wonder they all don't keel over from any number of Cardiovascular diseases.
    Fat, grease, oils, black pieces of grizzle that they call "beef", warmed over greasy bacon drippings for breakfast and so on and so forth ad nauseam and ad mortem.

Liked

And yet, Thai Dyed, it seems to me that they have all reached their 80's.

Or maybe they just look that age

Liked

All medicine and medial treatment I received in Thailand was way cheaper than in Europe.