Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hornet, Grindr, Jackd, etc etc

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hornet, Grindr, Jackd, etc etc

WHY!?

Why do Thai gay bottoms.... when you ask for photos.... always only send a photo of their cock??

I don't even want to see that! I want to see their ass!!

I just don't get it. It happens 100% of the time. Crazy!

How can they call themselves.bottoms..... Don't they have a clue about what a top wants to see.....?

These apps waste SO much time.... I literally had to put in my profile text:

" ( I don't want to see photos of your cock. I want to see photos of your face, naked body, and ass. ) "

Most people don't bother to read it tho.

When I asked this of one guy just now, he sent me a very dark distant photo of himself, fully clothed. I said, What is this? He said, Photo of my body. X(

I'm telling you..... It's still a million times easier and better to just go to "2 Brothers" here in Chiang Mai.... or Dream Boy or one of the massage shops in Bangkok or Pattaya..... than to waste all day on these stupid apps! Even my bf, who's a super hot underwear model, hates those apps... You can never see what people *really* look like... and people play endless games of trying hide how fat, old, or ugly they are.... ( I don't hide that I'm old and fat, compared to them, but I'm willing to pay money... which more than half of them will later inform you that they expect anyway. )

In a gogo bar or massage shop, there's no hiding! What you see is what you get. .....which is 10000 times better, in my opinion.

check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Re: Hornet, Grindr, Jackd, etc etc

HeHeHe

I agree about the cock photos . It is pretty funny how Bottoms post those photos.

But I disagree about a waste of time. This trip once again, the 2 best looking boys I have seen came from the Apps and they are better looking then 95% of the boys I have seen in the Bars of Pattaya. Cannot comment on Chiang Mai because it has been 2 years since I have been there and was never impressed with any of the Bars.

I get residents know the Discos etc to go to but if you want a Bottom in Chiang Mai , good luck finding him in a Gay Bar.

Again can't comment on using the apps in Chiang Mai but in Pattaya , they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not so good in BKK because really are a lot of non money boys on them and they are not interested for the most part in old farangs .

It does take a little practice but boys are available 24 hours a day in Pattaya on the apps. GoGo Bars are open 4 hours. The math is not in their favor.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah. It probably works slightly better in Pattaya simply because *every* boy there is a money boy. Still.... I've met several boys off of the apps in Pattaya, and always been disappointed.

In Chiang Mai ( where we are for 3 days ), you're right....

Last night we went to every gogo bar, I think. The number of bottoms was:

Circle - 1 bottom (so so),
    Adam's Apple - 1 (ugly),
    New My Way - 0 bottoms

We said, Screw it.... We'll try Hornet. Otherwise we'll go to Dream Boy when we get home.

By the way, no bars or "discos" here are open after 1am any more thanks to the new morality enforcement.

On the other hand, yesterday afternoon I had a very good time at "2 Brothers" massage.... which is a short walk from Le Meridian. I clearly remember having a good time there on my last visit to Chiang Mai ( a year or more ago ) too.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My problem, I guess, is that I expect it to be as *convenient* and *fast* and *effective* as ordering a pizza delivery. But it never is.

The fastest, most effective, way I've experienced.... is to walk in to Dream Boy at 9pm or so and see all the boys and tell the waiter which one you want, and go home.

This Hornet transcript is the same guy who didn't know what a body photo was.

Before that, we very quickly negotiated down from his 4500 initial price.... to 500 baht.

But that was all before seeing his body!!

......which I still haven't seen. ( He's probably fatter than me! )

See why I hate these apps..... :ymsick:

Also.... Notice how their *first* question is always, "Which hotel are you staying at?" That's so they can charge you more, the better hotel you're at. And notice how I completely ignore that question. ....

I think I need to have an uglier, more unattractive, photo of myself on my profile. That way they won't bother with me unless it's for money. And they won't keep asking for more photos of me. The more photos they ask for.... the uglier and fatter the photos I should send. lol. Plus, the gay ones will be pleasantly surprised when they meet me. ha ha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Never in may hundreds of tries did a boy ever ask for 4500. I tell them if you do not look like photo, I send you away no money. If they do not reply you have your answer and move on to the next one.

I have to say my experience has been they look like the photos. Not photo shopped like some photos and sometimes maybe a year or two older ( I don't care) but most of the time pretty close. I have been just as disappointed taking a boy out of a Bar with lights that make them more attractive or have them come out with a completely different look ( hair, clothes, make up etc) There is no perfect way but I quite enjoy the Apps but then again I frequently have the urge when Bars are closed (most of the time)

But they are much more difficult in BKK. Even when I lived there for 2 years it was 5- 10 x harder getting a boy to my apartment then it is in Pattaya.

Liked

I largely agree with Bruce. Maybe you should put that text in Thai in your profile. It's not just Farang-Thai dating, a lot of profiles in Thai language have "no pic no chat".

You can waste a lot of time on the the apps, an extreme example I shared here: http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2015/09 ... sting.html

I use online mainly for meeting non-money boys in Bangkok, in that case if we don't click, it doesn't cost me any money (apart from traveling expenses; as I am free all day I can go to see the boy at a place and time of his choice). Whereas with money boys, there would be a "show up fee" just to get a look at him, but if pictures are poor I skip. As Bruce wrote, you get into negotiations about price before even seeing a clear picture of the boy. For me, money boys mainly in real life (gogo, massage, Saranrom).

In Pattaya it must be easier to get money boys to your place because distances are shorter than in Bangkok and there is only songtheo and mocy as means of transport. In Bangkok, I know a boy (probably straight, he doesn't know yet that I want to get my hands in his pants) who lives near Hua Lampong and who wanted to come to see me (near Malaysia Hotel) who doesn't know MRT, doesn't like bus (!!!) and would have come to my place around 7 pm if I had agreed to pay money for tuk-tuk (200 Baht and estimated 1 hour traveling time, compared to MRT 21 Baht and 15 minutes). We didn't meet that day.

Liked

Up here at least, I find those apps to mostly be a huge time suck.

Well, depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for an actual date and/or BF, then they seem excellent for that. If you're looking for a casual hook up (free or pay, whatever), then not so much. Probably my fault though, as I request a short-time hotel instead of letting them come to my house. That's when the conversation usually ends.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    Never in my hundreds of tries did a boy ever ask for 4500.
    I had one on Grindr in Bangkok ask for 8000 baht one time. And he was a pro mb. He wasn't joking or just playing around. Of course, I won't ever pay more than I would pay at a gogo bar.... That's just silly. The selection is so much better at a gogo bar. And you get to see for real what you're getting.... before making any type of commitment whatsoever. Even agreeing to wait at home for someone to show up is making a commitment of my time.

I really wish there was a dedicated app specifically for money boys where customers get to rate each one. And the money boys can rate the customers too. Something similar to Uber.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Update: I tried posting on my profile the ugliest pic of myself we could find... and "looking for money boy" etc.

Suddenly, zero chats. ha ha Nobody chatted to me.

I think it's a small minority of users who are money boys (outside of Pattaya). So it can't be effectively used that way.... to find money boys.

The only way to do it.... seems to be.... Scroll through every profile yourself and chat up the very hottest guys. Those will probably be the money boys anyway. But it does take time. And there's always the risk of the photos aren't an accurate representation of what they really look like.

I do like this suggestion of telling him: "If you don't look like these photos, I send you away and cancel and pay nothing."

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sentencing Delayed For Mike Dozer, Adult Film Star Found Guilty Of Sex With Teen He Met On JackтАЩD / Queerty
    http://www.queerty.com/sentencing-delay ... d-20150430

Check ID !!

If he looks young, ask him his age clearly in text chat and save the log. If he says he's under 18, don't agree to meet him under any circumstances. Block him and Report his account. If he says he's over 18, you can meet him.... but check his ID *before* doing anything else !!

This poor guy is headed to prison for 25 years..... and his boyfriend committed suicide over it....