List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

Liked

News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

Hi All
    1 week back from a Thai trip and thought I should write a quick update before my news becomes old!

First job on return was (as usual) was to book the next trip... so now that the New Year flights are all booked up... my Post Pattaya Depression (PPD) has started to lift!
    Following my last trip at Songkran i was quite critical of the bars... and rightly so - they were awful... however on this trip I found that a lot of them had turned things completely around... I even ended up offing a few guys... which is something I have rarely done on recent trips!

Yes the bars are bereft of customers, but they are full of handsome and eager staff all waiting for you to choose them... so news of Pattaya's Death has been greatly exaggerated!

Patatayland:
    BBB:
    First time ever my BF asked to go back to BBB 3 nights in a row... For me that says it all... He would normally balk at the idea of going in there at all =; =;
    They have a great selection of guys there with something for everyone... The addition of the "coyotes" has really livened things up
    The first show starts at 22.40 and finishes around 23.40 - and its cocks, cocks, cocks, B-boys, cocks
    The second show is at midnight and is the B-Boys usual Tiffany Show,
    I pity some of the rank-and-file gogo boys as they don't have much of an opportunity to get a customer in the 20 mins between the shows

Only negatives are that they have way too many waiters there getting in the way, and the old BBB herd could still do with some pruning of the 30/40s deadwood career gogo boys

Funnyboys:
    As others have said another bar that has faded to a shadow of its former self, maybe only 10 boys there, but 1-2 cuties... One of which was in my Shopping basket for a long time... That itch has now been scratched and he was as good as I had hoped!

Toyboys:
    Lots of cute guys working here, definitely the most well run bar in terms of attentive well behaved workers and good looking staff.
    Seems they have a lot of guys from Laos and Cambodia and in my opinion the boys there are of a higher "class" than elsewhere
    Most nights I was there I was offered a 2nd drink for free, which I mostly declined - as I don't like to stay any one place too long!
    Offed 2 guys from TB, both great company in NAB, but one only so-so in bed
    TB gets a lot of chinese/taiwan visitors

Dreamboys:
    Their Aicon was not working every time I went in - but I stayed despite that
    Not as many cuties as previously, but still enough for me to off 2 guys over the duration of the trip
    Again one came home but the other was despatched home after a guy (who was obviously his BF) turned up in TumnanIssan and started throwing dagger eyes at us!

Cupidol:
    Cupidol has regained some of its former glory and have around 25-30 boys working there, nice election and again a really well run bar.
    Some people love Mamasan M, others hate him, I generally trust him to steer me right on a good boy.

Kawaii: probably my 3rd favourite bar in pattaya now (after BBB and TB = Joint top), around 15 boys and all very friendly and funny, good place to go if you want to have some fun joking with the boys, some real characters there!

Vassa:
    Usual 8-10 boys, didnt really see anyone I liked on 2 visists

Abomb:
    8-10 boys, all straight and hunky. Not my thing, but seems to get quite a few customers most nights

Sunee:
    Powerboys:
    as the usual mix of fem/straight boys, seems they have a new "superstar" now, gets offed multiple times per night, looks very young and fem, but I am told he is actually 22.

Niceboys:
    Seems to have dispensed with their gay boys and it was all rough straights on my 2 visits.

Sunny Boys:
    Is a shadow if its former self and only had a few boys on both my visits, disappointing

Eros:
    Really needs to do something about the smell in the bar, spraying air freshner does not help disguise the fact that there is a smell of a dead rat in the place! It could do with a good steam cleaning!

Jomtien:
    I passed through Jomtien Complex on several occasions - but never stopped, all of the bars were packed every time we drove past... with boys of course (not customers Saw some nice eye candy on the way!

NAB:

NAB not as packed as it used to be, except on the weekend nights.
    It was noticeable that the majority of tables had customers from Either BBB or TB at them
    The BBB and TB guys get the offs (as they get the customer numbers) and in turn have money for going drinking
    On one occasion I was the only farang in NAB! Never thought I would miss the Russian queens!

Tumnanissan:
    We went twice and both times Aircon was not working, it was way to stuffy ad all our gang felt sleepy being there (too hot)... so of course we had to hit NAB instead
    Most of the dancer boys in Tumnanissan seem to moonlight on hornet/grindr by day - and then dance at night

I think with the closure of Idol and Dave - Pattaya is still definitely missing competition to the big 2 night venues... hopefully something will materialize before High Season!

APPS:
    Hornet is definitely winning the battle of the gay apps
    Gay/Planet romeo have shot themselves in the foot by removing the free Plus Mmeberhsip for thai - it is practically a ghost town there now
    Grindr/Jack come nowhere near Hornet in terms of numbers online
    Blue'd seems to be the up and coming new star - especially for finding Chinese/Taiwan guys

I am sure i have some other random thought from ast trip that i will post later

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Re: News of Pattaya's death has been greatly exaggerated!

Interestingly i saw an Indian guy haggle the price of a drink in BBB down from 250 to 150 at the door
    So it seems that even in pattaya there is room for price negotiations!
    He did end up in the worst seat in the place though, right at the back where the "disco" used to be.

Also had a few drinks in Copa - who have turned into an open fronted bar and done away with the gogo boys = whilst retaining the cabaret and swimming shows.
    Some friendly guys working here and no longer having to compete with BBB on the price front, so some nice drink promotions
    e.g. 6 shots for 350B - which went down a treat =P~ =P~
    And for an open fronted place it was surprisingly cool inside with AC, so well done to teh owners on changing their business model to attract a new audience
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

i would agree with you about Boyz town except that you didnt mention Panorama.We had some great nights there recently and it was very busy.

Liked

Colmx

Very nice report. I visited most of the places you mentioned a few days a go except of Sunee which I see absolutely no reason to visit. So sad what it has become and what it was even 5 years ago.

I guess my only disagreement might be Cupidol . I have known M for years and he does not bother me one way or another.

There were in fact 26 boys all on stage when I visited but I thought they were some of the most unattractive boys M ever recruited. Compared to the boys he recruited for Dreamboys when it re-opened , it was night and day difference IMHO. and wonder what will happen with that street with all the boarded up buildings.I find that street to be in rapid deterioration

The removal of Orleans has left that corner pretty dark but for sure the original BT street is the 1 of the 3 streets that is not looking like time for a a complete do-over.

Toyboys has been doing a good job for quite some time and many of the Boys can be found on Romeo and Hornet.

I agree Hornet is really taken over but I see more boys on Romeo then ever. Plus membership never made much difference to the boys more for the farangs again IMHO. Never even heard of Blue'd so thanks for that.

Liked

Great report. Will send Bucky into orbit with delirious excitement.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    Colmx

I visited most of the places you mentioned a few days a go except of Sunee which I see absolutely no reason to visit. So sad what it has become and what it was even 5 years ago
    What a pity!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    Never even heard of Blue'd so thanks for that.
    I have been using Blued recently and have over a hundred messages from China and only a few messages locally where I am travelling. Others may find it a useful app but to me it is time wasting. Maybe the Chinese are looking for a way to escape the homeland?

Besides that, an excellent report from Colmx and I will follow your and firecat69's recommendations next week when I visit Pattaya.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well written Pattaya boy bar review. Few of us write about the after hours club boy bars.
    Boyztown is indeed live and well. There's some life at Wild West Boys, with new owner
    and some refreshing of outdoor decor but almost no boys working yet.
    Two of the busiest, most successful boy bars in Pattaya are both strictly No Smoking.
    Toy Boys and Boyzboyzboyz both have large groups of Chinese chain smoking customers, who get up
    and smoke cigarettes outside. Bar owners who allow cigarette smoking don't get it..

Liked

The busiest bar in Sunnee is Nice Boys and they allow smoking.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

thanks, great report, guess its all done to the luck of the draw, some days its quiet and others not.