Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Visa stuff

Visa stuff

Hi,

I need to start looking at how to get my "friend" a visa to visit me in the UK for a few weeks - for a vacation. Can anyone advise where to begin? Could really do with a laymens guide as to what it entails. Everything I google, seems to focus on visa's for getting into Thailand - not the other way round.

Could someone with some experience in this offer their advice? How difficult is it for a Thai to get a visa? As I've been to Thailand, I'd like him to see Britain - before we decide where we are to settle down together.

I thought this would have been covered else where - but am struggling to find much info on this.

Thanks,
    Steve

private mail

I send you a private mail Steve

Greets, Chris

Guys,

Thanks for the private mails I've been sent. So from what I've been sent - the interviewers decision sounds quite arbitary?

Surely there's some criteria they must follow? I don't like the sound of this. If an initial application is rejected - can we reapply? Will perseverance prevail?

Try Tricky

Tricky Rich recently succeeded in getting his Thai boy a visa to visit UK.
    If you dont get a reply in this topic, send him a PM. I'm sure he'd be happy to help

Liked

THisvisa

Hi Peperami
    Besides some of the posters on this board, Thaivisa is probably the best resouce you can use for getting UK visa info:
    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/

Try Their: Visas and Migrating to other counteies Forum:
    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... owforum=25

Its mainly for visas for str8 guys and their girls...
    But the same principles apply
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

There is no problem providing ...

he follows the rules, obviously if he has'nt got a job, been out of work for ages and no reason for him to live in Thailand, then he would have a problem.

My friend who is Burmese managed to get a visa with no hickups, he came to the UK for a holiday and then left about 2 weeks later.

Ok, so I was reading Naughty But Nice's comments on UK Visa Application discussion - where he talks about his own financial circumstances as guarantor....

So - as gurantor, what criteria would I be expected to meet? Are there any requirements in terms of what my income should be, or savings I should have? - would I be required to be a home owner?

Thanks,

Steve

Visa hopes...

Hello Pepperami

As said before my boyfriend was recently lucky enough to gain a visa for a holiday trip to stay with me in London. It is a highly unpredictable process, and when I have discussed my issues on this board before many people have told me their horror stories.

At the current time my boyfriend is about to go to Bangkok next week to make his application for a settlement visa, so that he can come to the UK and we can use the Civil Partnership law.

From the many comments it does appear that the British Embassy is notoriously unpredictable.

You cannot "guarantee" but only sponsor your boyfriend. It is important to show that you are gainfully employed, can pay for his trip, and also provide accommodation for him without accessing public funds. It does help if you are a homeowner, and I got a letter form a solicitor to prove that, even though I have a mortgage against the property.

I am happy to talk more if you want to PM me sometime. I am currently in South East London, shortly moving to North East London, but happy to meet up in town for a drink sometime.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot TrickyRich,

I've PM'd you,

Steve