FAQ & Help

Thread: Gay Thai guys getting scammed for a change via planet Romeo

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Gay Thai guys getting scammed for a change via planet Romeo

Five Nigerians arrested in Thailand for running gay romance scam

Suspects posed as rich white men to target locals
    17 JUNE 2015

Five Nigerian men have been arrested in Thailand for running an online romance scam.

The men posed as handsome white men on gay dating site Planet Romeo to target locals.

They told their victims that they would come to Thailand to visit them and bring large sums of money to invest in the country.

A Thai woman, 30-year-old Wanwisa Wongkrung, would then pretend to be an immigration officer and call the victims.

She would tell them that the men had been stopped at customs for not declaring large amounts of cash and ask them to transfer money over as a fine and/or bribe.

Police arrested the six suspects at a condo in Chonburi and seized nine ATM cards, nine bank books, eight mobile phones and a notebook computer. The Nigerians were also charged with entering the country illegally.

Earlier this month, a man filed a complaint with Pattaya police after he was tricked into to wiring Bt32,000 ($949.15; тВм843.88) to the gang.

The 21-year-old coffee shop cashier was told by one of men posing as businessman 'John Edward' that he had been arrested at customs for carrying $300,000 while on his way to marry him and invest in a gay bar.

Police said they checked the gang's bank accounts and found that several victims had wired them money.

- See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/five ... KJ7TG.dpuf

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/five ... scam170615

Liked

Re: Gay Thai guys getting scammed for a change via planet Ro

Very sad!!
    The only scams I get or Indians calling to tell me my PC is infected and I need to send money for them to fix it.