Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

Liked

Re: Tarntawan, ID inspection, etc.

I like the controls at Tarntawan. It is good to stay safe. Happy to stay there from tuesday.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    I would think the hotel's insurance company would also require the hotel to be able to identify anyone present in the rooms.
    I think that's a stretch. The policy would be for public liability and such policies generally don't require the policyholder to know who may or may not be injured in advance of the injury.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    I would think the hotel's insurance company would also require the hotel to be able to identify anyone present in the rooms.
    I think that's a stretch. The policy would be for public liability and such policies generally don't require the policyholder to know who may or may not be injured in advance of the injury.
    Yes, it could be a stretch, but let's remember the owners/managers of the Tarntawan are westerners /foreigners and they understand the importance of creating a safe environment for "all" hotel guests, especially when the red light district is at their front door. If people like the Rose or Surawongse guest policy they are welcome to it.

Liked

I think that's a stretch.
    It might be a stretch, but I doubt either of us knows what insurance companies would require. In any case, all the other reasons why hotels have that rule in place are, in my opinion, valid and I'm glad those rules exist. If the person in the room next to mine has a boy in there, I want the hotel to know who it is and how to identify him if a problem does occur. And I also want the boy to know he can easily be identified.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

May I disrespecfully suggest that there is more than a little irony involved in having "rules" and "norms" quoted at us by members of a section of society which routinely disregards them when it comes to matters of the cock, where to put it, and how much to pay for doing so.

My own thoughts on this is that its quite permissable for any Hotel to require your guest to have ID (I don't think anybody is arguing against that) - but when it gets to "Gestapo" proportions (and sorry NIrish, but I have to say that - for me - the experiences you have recounted fall firmly into that territory) then (again, for me) it would be time to go elsewhere.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whilst normally I'd agreed I look at it from another point of view, firstly I was told clearly of their policy and signed up to it so I shouldn't be surprised ( after all these years) when they do enforce it, if this all happened in a Western hotel then you're right and my bags would be packed and I'd be gone in a heart beat - BUT - I look at it another way, firstly the original guard was just doing his job in that he was no doubt told "all visitors must leave ID at reception and once he got a piece of paper ( with nothing even legible on it hardly) face was saved and away up we went. Yes it was annoy that we had to even to go through that the whole charade, but it wasn't really the guards fault.

The second was even more annoying as the hotel did say " no problem, he'll be on our system", however I was fully aware there was NO WAY the guard the first time had been able to enter ANY name on their system as the paper we gave him was almost blank and for me to then tell them that would have landed him in the shit for letting us go up at all, so we had to then go through the same rigmarole all over again just to protect his back job wise. What did annoy me then though was that very same guard standing denying all knowledge of our first encounter when asked by the manager as if he'd simply of said " oh yes he's been before, maybe there was a mistake" we would have been allowed up and they could have sorted the "mistake" later (or never), so for that he's certainly on me "fuck you" list forever as we both fully understood what he was doing by looking blankly at my guest and pretending he didn't remember the first encounter (as he SO did).

So the hotels policy wasn't at fault so much as us the first time not having ID at all and expecting them to make an exception, although I DO think there's room for a little relaxation there perhaps as my teacher friend "obviously" wasn't a MB, nor Thai" and as a guest who's stayed there for many years and one who does play by the rules I would have thought some leeway might have been given, obviously not and my mistake for expecting same perhaps just. The second time was just an annoyance based on us (mistakenly) trying to help the guard cover for his first actions in letting us up but him then dropping US in it as even then the hotel staff were as embarrassed and annoyed as we were at the whole situation, but as 4 staff members were now involved by this stage, including the two receptionists, again face had to be saved and so we had to "play the game" in printing off and handing over yet another piece of (illegible) paper.

But as I said originally all that aside generally I've no complaint about their ID system as it does work and it does give you some sort of security, both from possible injury and theft too perhaps as the opportunist thief knows his details have been taken. Also it's worth noting that the boys DO also recognise that there's a working system in place there too and that shows the system does WORK as it's not the first time I've gone to take a boy back and he's said "oh tarntawan, cannot, I not allowed there". This is usually either as they've previously maybe been barred for some reason i.e one guy trashed my room on drugs one night and has been barred for life and they DO have him on their system as he's told me since ( he's clean now) that he's tried to go back with other customers and been turned away or perhaps they just don't have suitable ID at all, whether that be because of age or criminal issues. So all in all for the many many many times I've sailed through there without a problem I think the one of two times ( which were ultimately caused my my guest not having ID) are an acceptable pay off.

My only annoyance (and I mean this in a light hearted way) is that when it's one of the Soi Twilight guys going upstairs with me and they know the security staff well of course, they end up getting a sneaky look in the book and or quick run down from them if they ask how "busy" I may or may not have been that day as we go into the lift. Thankfully for me as I'm very open about this that never causes me a problem, but I can imagine if you WERE trying to pretend to some guy that he was your one and only true love you'd be totally fucked ( or NOT in the end actually more likely in this case ! :-)

I think that's a stretch.
    It might be a stretch, but I doubt either of us knows what insurance companies would require.
    Do try not to invest others with your own extensive ignorance.

Liked

Don't fool yourselves, Tarntawan's policy is in place to protect them, not you and other guests from your visitors.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Of course you're right but if the net effect achieves both goals then all a the better I say.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

guess when people get old they just gotta moan, groan and complain over nothing....like the whole world is plotting against them...