Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pattaya june to september

Liked

pattaya june to september

hi everyone. i am new to the forum. i am looking at going to pattaya this year in the uk summer months. i have heard it is out of season and can be rainy. not so bothered about the weather as i live in spain most of the year anyway. please can you advise me the best places to stay and bars etc to visit? i was looking at the jontiem district as it seems a lot less hectic than boystown and other areas. i don't really want to be bang in the middle of nightclubs and bars so any help would be much appreciated. i have a budget of about 1200 baht per night or less for hotel room. looking forward to hearing from anyone who can advise me. thanks.

Liked

Re: pattaya june to september

Rather than re-invent the wheel I suggest you try the search function of previous posts since this topic has been discussed so many times both here and on others forums such as gaybuttonthai.com and gaythailand.com. Another good source is nickysgaypattaya.com .
    As for the bars/go-go clubs, no one can tell you where to visit. You will be here long enough to explore all of them and decided what appeals to your tastes. Again, so many posts about the bars on this and other forums you only have to search a little.

There are only three gay sections in Pattaya; Jomtien Complex, Boyztown area and Sunee Plaza. It only takes an hour to browse each of these areas to see what clubs/bars are there. Then just check out ones that look appealing. That should be lots of fun for a newbie.

Another option to hotels are condos which can be rented on monthly basis or even weekly. Lot of condos in Jomtien area.

Liked

thanks for your reply. i will search the forums then. thanks again.

Liked

After a search you will be able to ask more questions tailored to your needs.

Liked

From my perspective:

You can think of, in Jomtien:

Poseidon Hotel << http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/ >>
    Venue Hotel << http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/ >>
    East Suites Hotel << http://www.east-suites.com/ >>

~ All in Jomtien Plaza.
    ~ All extremely close to the entire gay action in the Complex, but all just far away to not bother you too much at night (sound-wise)
    ~ All a 15 minute slow walk from the beach umbrella concessions in the gay area.
    ~ All close enough to find pretty good food of a decently varied cuisine. None are particularly over-priced.
    ~ All but a 3 minute walk to where you can pick up a baht bus anytime day or night into Pattaya.

In my opinion, Jomtien is a much more civilized, clean, and generally laid back place to stay compared to filthy, smelly old Pattaya. Many might disagree, but, for me, will never win that battle.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lassie1234567
    i was looking at the jontiem district as it seems a lot less hectic than boystown and other areas. i don't really want to be bang in the middle of nightclubs and bars so any help would be much appreciated. i have a budget of about 1200 baht per night or less for hotel room. looking forward to hearing from anyone who can advise me. thanks.
    I think it makes sense to stay near the area you'll be enjoying the most. If the beach is your thing or the restaurants and beer bars in the Jomtien Complex, then Jomtien is a good place to stay. If you are there for the night life of Boystown or Sunne Plaza then perhaps staying in town makes more sense as you'll need to travel between Jomtien and town by bahtbus or motorcycle taxi...which has it's disadvantages when it's raining (Not that it rains all the time from June to September, some months more than others).

I'm not sure what kind of hotel room you'd get with the budget you suggest. In Jomtien there are also quite a few condos available for rent in that range, quite a few are long term but there are a few that are short term by the week or even by the night. If you go that route, you'll just have to consider whether electricity is factored into the price to stay within your final budget.

Surfcrest

Liked

The hotels suggested by smiles are over the 1200 baht maximum you have requested. I like the places but you probably will reject because of cost

Travellerjim did have some good contacts for condos nearby in the condos he rents [maybe owns]

other members might contact you re the condos opposite Jomtien at View talay 7

This from Nickys however will be close to the prices you are asking

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... n/hotel-j/

He has this map of Jomtien

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... p-jomtien/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    The hotels suggested by smiles are over the 1200 baht maximum you have requested. I like the places but you probably will reject because of cost

Travellerjim did have some good contacts for condos nearby in the condos he rents [maybe owns]

other members might contact you re the condos opposite Jomtien at View talay 7

This from Nickys however will be close to the prices you are asking

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... n/hotel-j/

He has this map of Jomtien

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... p-jomtien/

Not so. Poseidon certainly more expensive than the others but I was offered both East Studios and The Venue well within the 1200B range. June to Semptember being very much low season puts the poster in a great bargaining position as does the fact he's going to be here for 3 or 4 months. For what it's worth, I'm in Ganymede hotel in a Deluxe room at 1125B per night.

Liked

Another option in Pattaya is Flamingo Hotel with rates at 800 to 1000 Baht. Flamingo is in a quieter area of Pattaya and 5 minute walk to Boyztown and Sunee Plaza. One minute walk to 5 or 6 boy massage houses.

Liked

Hi, instead of a hotel have you thought about renting a condo. There are some lovely ones in all the view Talay,s 2, 5 and 7 all within easy walking to the bars etc. Northern Thai reality rent per month, 3 month or 6 month within your price range. Enjoy your trip.