Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Jomtien Complex - what is your choice to stay?

Liked

Jomtien Complex - what is your choice to stay?

Hello guys! What is your choice of accomodations if you decided to stay at Jomtien Complex? I have been staying at The Venue and at Ganymede (which is not gay venue anymore). Some of my friends recommended me East Suits. So... what is your choice?

Liked

Re: Jomtien Complex - what is your choice to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    Hello guys! What is your choice of accomodations if you decided to stay at Jomtien Complex? I have been staying at The Venue and at Ganymede (which is not gay venue anymore). Some of my friends recommended me East Suits. So... what is your choice?
    My reports are Poseidon, Venue and East Suites are all good choices. Also, consider the Neo Hotel opposite the complex on the soi behind Thappraya Rd.

Liked

East Suites is a very good choice if you want a change from The Venue. The rooms are quite a bit larger than anything at Venue. Breakfast at the dining room downstairs is fine, though nothing to write home about. Rooms have pleasant and peaceful decor: a little bit nicely done Thai minimalism ... which mostly the Thai do not do well. Location is spot on with the entire Jomtien Complex gay scene revolving around the hotel, literally steps away.
    The main difference ~ from the Venue ~ is the lack of an elevator. The stairwell is quite steep and any decrepit Old Boy (of which there are a few hanging around the plaza) would have a hard time navigating.
    The East Suites room are all somewhat more expensive than Venue.

Not being old and decrepit, we had absolutely no complaints about East Suites except for the waiter at breakfast bringing me bacon instead of the sausages which I ordered. No big deal ... he was quite handsome and I said nothing. Great ass.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I stayed at View Talay - was absolutely happy about it - next to Donkran Beach, many eateries along the beach road and steps to Jomtine Complex

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    East Suites is a very good choice
    I will second that. Have stayed at East Suites a few times now, just finished another short stay there at the start of my current trip. Experiences there are consistent on every stay, so very happy to still recommend them. Have stayed in three of their rooms styles/sizes depending on what is available, and found them all to have a very spacious feel, all have kitchen area, even the smallest version. The floor-to-ceiling room-width glass doors opening onto balcony adds to the spacious feel, but in the morning the sun shines directly onto them so the heavy blackout curtains are also a bonus. On arrival this time I found the DVD player, which I use a lot for music DVDs, was 'kaput', a brand new one was in place next morning, the service I find excellent in all aspects.

If you have searched the forum and found previous recommendation reviews I made last year there is one significant change from my Oct 2014 stay there. Previously as well as the main entrance, which is also the restaurant entrance, there was a side entrance shared with Claudio Rooms which had a small elevator to the second floor, it was a handy discrete entrance used after 11pm (when the main reception used to close) and access was with a key hob you kept with you at all times. This has now changed and that side entrance is now no longer available, so the main reception is open 24 hours and no need to keep your key with you. They have units 30-100 sqm. The 50sq/m unit at Bt1350 is good value for such a large room. They don't have many units and they fill quickly at busy times of the year.

Liked

Well, I'll be arriving next week and staying at Ganymede for two weeks so they'll just have to put up with me being gay. If the other guests don't like it - tough.

Liked

Thank you all for your answers! East Suits wrote me back they fully booked at my dates (18 april - 1 may). May be or maybe they just don't want to see russians there... Now i'm waiting for an offer from Venue...

Liked

My preference is to stay at Poseidon Hotel . It is very popular but the rooms are clean, there are elevators ,I enjoy the dining room for an occasional meal and enjoy their breakfast.
    Most things you want as a gay man are available.
    Entrance is away from some of the more noisy bars.
    http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/

Liked

Thank you all for your answers! East Suits wrote me back they fully booked at my dates (18 april - 1 may). May be or maybe they just don't want to see russians there...
    Quote Originally Posted by witchhunt
    Poseidon Hotel
    The Poseidon website is in German, English and Russian, so we can presume all are welcome at this one.

Liked

I did stay at Ganymede in November and it was as gay as before. Maybe the percentage of gay guests went down because of the change of the gay sauna to a day spa, but still there were enough gays and I did not have the feeling of not being welcome. I did also recognize some of the staff working there in the past years and some of them are definitely gay.
    Light travels faster than sound, that why some people appear bright - until you hear them speak.