Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: report on stay TARNTAWAN PLACE, BKK

Liked

report on stay TARNTAWAN PLACE, BKK

I've been helped very often by members reviews and opinions, and thought I would return the favors.

Just spent three weeks in Bangkok and Salaya, teaching at university and enjoying the city. I returned this year to the Tarntawan Place Hotel and it was a lovely experience. The staff always remembers me, they upgraded me on two out of three stays, and the hotel was in good shape. It's great that they've installed new, large safes in the rooms. The WiFi was excellent, as was the included free American breakfasts.

Some prefer a more modern style of decor, and it's true that the rooms and publics spaces are a little behind the times. But I like the traditional feeling and the traditional service.

I met some nice people and has a very invigorating time. Can't wait to return.

Chelsea NYC

Liked

Re: report on stay TARNTAWAN PLACE, BKK

Agreed, I am always treated well at Tarntawan and always enjoy my stays there.

Liked

Good to know they have large room safes now.

Liked

Yes; it was a nuisance using the safes in the lobby, particularly now when I tend to want my passport with me in the evenings.

In general, the hotel has maintained its standards over the eleven or so years I've been staying and, in some areas, improved on them. For instance, I much prefer the buffet breakfast; much more choice for those of us who don't want an old-fashioned cooked meal. And the fact that so many of the staff have stayed there for so long is enormously revealing of the morale in the hotel.

Liked

always stay there when in Bkk.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    And the fact that so many of the staff have stayed there for so long is enormously revealing of the morale in the hotel.
    Completely agree

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am at the Tarntawan now, or is it 16 years ago when I first stayed here? Very little has changed. Still the same day time bell boys with their genuinely welcoming smiles, and one of them now with graying hair. Still one of the same waiters and some security staff who have been there since 1998. Furniture throughout the hotel appears to be the same, some slight cosmetic changes in the guest rooms such as new carpeting, flat screen TV, e-safe located at floor level to promote exercise opportunity for the senior guests. The only major shortcoming, which will probably not be addressed during my lifetime, is the bathrooms. No visible changes have occurred during the past decade and a half; the bath tub in 812 has cigarette burns and some other stains of unknown origin. But if sanitary facilities are not an issue with you, then the Tarntawan remains the best of the gay friendly venues in Suriwongse.

Liked

I recently went to Tarntawan Place to visit a friend, and was surprised that I had to leave my ID (German ID card accepted, I don't carry my passport with me) and even details were noted in a book. Whereas in Malaysia hotel, I go in and out.

The room looks nice, but seems a bit expensive to me.

Liked

For many years I happily stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel, on soi ngamduplee, off Rama IV Road. I really liked that hotel, but it entailed either a taxi ride to Silom or Surawong Road, or a trip on the MRT subway system to Silom Road. It was recommended by a fa-r├аng friend who had many yearsтАЩ experience of living in Thailand, but it wasnтАЩt exactly convenient for easy access to the main gay areas. That was long before I discovered this forum. After reading many good reports by members who stayed at the Tarntawan Place Hotel, I decided to use it when I rented out my Bangkok condo. In all I stayed there three times.

My first reaction, when I walked into the lobby, was that the hotel looked rather tired and in need of a makeover. But I could not fault it for location or service. The staff and management were always friendly and helpful. There was even space outside for me to park my car.

One time, when there were no vacancies and I had to use the Montien Hotel, across the road from the Tarntawan, their Wi-Fi was on a blink and I walked across to the Tarntawan and I was allowed to use their Wi-Fi. On that occasion the director gave me a free gift of a new calendar, despite not being a resident.

Sometime later, while at the Telephone Bar, on Silom Road Soi 4, the director, who was at the Balcony Bar with friends, came across and said тАШhelloтАЩ. I was surprised that he had remembered me. What a nice touch I thought. I would happily stay at the hotel again and highly recommend it to others who havenтАЩt yet decided on a Bangkok hotel.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

I stay in Tarntawan now and strongly recommend it. For me its the best choice if you are looking for gay hotel in Surawong area. Better than Rose and clearly better than Suriwongse hotel (near Jupiter). I feel safe if they check the ID of your visitors and really appreciate the call after your guest has left to ask if everything is alright.