Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: babylon bangkok comments please

Liked

babylon bangkok comments please

i have visited the big mango several times and thought i would finally check out babylon bangkok on my next visit.
    i stay at tarntawan so i would just use their sauna, spa, gym, ...
    any comments/suggestions on the place would be appreciated.

Liked

Re: babylon bangkok comments please

I've only been once but I didn't like it. The steam room was very dark-as in couldn't see anything-so operating on touch. But it is busy, especially at weekends, and has a small swimming pool, cafe, bar, space to cruise. Lots of men seem to like it.

Liked

As somebody that is pretty much exclusively into Asian guys i now find Babylon quite disappointing...
    Way too many caucasian visitors for my liking these days...
    Not sure if its the competition that i don't like, the agressive cruising or the fact that the whites seemingly outnumber the Asians on a lot of occasions... But for me Baylon is no longer on my "to do" list when visiting Bkk...
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I would tend to concur with that Colmx and every time I go I come away thinking "that's it, I'm not going to bother going back again" - but the thought of missing something usually draws me back at least once on each trip. I'm friendly with one of the waiters there ( outside of working hours) so at least when I go I can sit and have a beer and a chat with him, the down side of that of course being that he can watch and see everything and anything I might get up to which ruins my best laid lies for later that night in the bar when he asks "so, what did you get up to today" as he can usually tell me EXACTLY who and what I was doing.

Saying that I do usually have some fun whilst there with some nice Asian guys but as you say of late there are way more farang than usual perhaps and worst still for me the European style of everyone walking around in silence, round and round and round and all not as much as making eye contact is starting to become more and more prevalent, whereas in the past you could have sat and chatted or least had a bit of touchy feely fun with the Asian guys whilst walking round. So, yeah, each time I say this will be my last trip there for a while - and on my next trip I may well just stick to that this time.

Liked

I would like to check it our - what is the best time to go on a Friday or Saturday?
    If not Babylon - what is the alternative?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

personally speaking I love babylon, great outdoor pool, can spend the day lounging around it watching the talent go by, fantastic fully equipped gym, two restaurants, two bars, several cruising areas; and despite claims of not enough Asians, I always find lotsa Asians especially after 2pm....and no money boys. The best gay complex in Thailand.

Liked

The Asian/Falang ratio varies drastically. The early afternoon is predominantty falang; Thais are more likely to arrive in the late afternoon, after about 1600.
    I also find that the there is a better ratio (better for us, that is) in the low season when fewer falangs are in Thailand.

Liked

thanks for all those personal comments. i am sensitive to the race ratio (i enjoy asian men) so i am thinking
    that workday evenings/nights are probably the worse time for me to check it out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

not that i want to encourage all you evil backstabbing evil tongued board members to flood the place...but i find this place exremely relaxing!! Tend to spend most of the day there...at least from 11am to 6ish....eat, drink, fuck,snooze, sun bathe, fuck, swim, fuck...all in one place...

Liked

I've never been there despite spending a lot of time in Thailand, although 95% of that is in Pattaya. At the end of my September trip I had a few days in Bkk, staying at the Tantawan, but I never got round to visiting Babylon. I suppose for a gay tourist it's like making a number of visits to Paris without going to the Eifel Tower.
    I go quite a lot to Samsuk and enjoy the pool area, the restaurant and of course fucking upstairs in the cruising areas.
    How does Babylon compare with Samsuk ?. I imagine its a lot bigger and caters more for Thais.