Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boyz Town Sign Up Today

Liked

New Boyz Town Sign Up Today

Liked

Re: New Boyz Town Sign Up Today

Unless it's the angle from which the picture was taken, this seems more in-your-face than the old sign.

In that case, those theories being put about that the "big players" were about to reinvent Soi 3 as a bland non-gay-specific area didn't prove to be true after all.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Is that sign really necessary?
    I dont like the idea of asian tourists being paraded down the soi while people are having their meals at the hotels.Having your pics taken while you eating is an invasion of privacy.I say get rid of the Boyztown name on the sign.Of course it will not happen..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

rarely do I eat hanging from the sign anymore...
    HATE getting my picture taken next to it

used to eat at the LCR terrace nightly watching the boys report for duty about 7:50 ish
    big deal if somepne takes my picture eating

Liked

What does it say underneath ?? Doesnt look like Thai writing . :dontknow:

Liked

Looks like Thai to me, but I don't read Thai so don't know what it says. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" perhaps? :dontknow:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes it is Thai. I would assume that it says Boyz Town. The reason I say this is because the law here in Thailand is that signs that are in English must also be translated into Thai language so they can be read by Thai speaking people. The Thai letters on 99% of all signs are much much smaller because the crazy law says that the charge for erecting a sign will be based on the area of the Thai letters and not the space the entire rest of the signs take up. So that's why it probably says Boys Town.

Next time you are out walking around look at some signs and on everyone that is in English look at the real small Thai writing. It will be the name in Thai pronunciation. I know that from the Happy Place signage.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halfhansum
    What does it say underneath ?? Doesnt look like Thai writing . :dontknow:
    It reads 'BOYS TOWN'.

A font used which closer resembles Western letters.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Sorry to be pedantic, but there should be an apostrophe after the "Z"......"Boyz' Town."

Liked: 1

The two large words in Thai script in the sign are pronounced "Boy Tow", with the s in Boyz and n in town silent. The silent letters are written in the Thai script, but are not pronounced. The words in the bottom right corner are pronounced "Pattayalan Soi 3", with the d in Pattayaland being silent.