Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babylon type sauna for Pattaya

Liked: 1

Babylon type sauna for Pattaya

"Sansuk Sauna and Guesthouse to open in Pattaya

Pattaya will at last get an upmarket Sauna (Babylon-style) and Guesthouse. It is called "Sansuk" and the construction is well under way. Sticky Rice Webmag has interviewed Punya Ratana, the owner of well known Howards Guesthouse in Soi VC Pattaya (www.howardspattaya.com or www.howards-pattaya.net) who is also the owner and driving force behind Sansuk Sauna and Guesthouse

What is the idea of Sansuk Sauna and Guesthouse? Well, I have a lot of Thai friends who are regular visitors to Howards bar, most of them have been in stable relationships with their Farangs for a long time and the 'I'm in a monogamous relationship' no longer applies, by mutual concent.

Howards has many Farang guests whom the Thai young men really like on their 'boys nights out' and their partners fancy a lot of the freelance Thai young men who frequent Howards, so it's a happy combination. There is no take out fee for the boys, which means I am not responsible for them, but of course if I have a complaint from one of the punters about a particular boy, obviously I investigate, there are always two sides to every story.

Most of my Thai friends slope off to visit one of the many saunas in Bangkok on a regular basis and I thought it was about time Pattaya fielded a bit of competition. After months of searching I found what I hope is the perfect site. The old le Colonial in Soi 11 Thappraya road mid-way between Pattaya and Jomtien was the final choice. Just far enough off the main road to be both secluded and easily assessable. It was a wonderful period piece, 'living in a bygone era' was the logo, a very accurate description, a rambling wooden guest house and a bizarre 'complete sauna experience' in the garden' all Disney World material.

I originally thought I could upgrade the existing facilities, but the termite infested guesthouse and impractical layout of the rooms knocked that idea on the head, and having decided to start afresh on the accommodation it seemed logical to start afresh on the sauna and garden area. So work is well underway with the three storied sauna complex and gardens with outdoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi and steam room, with an interregnal steam room, sauna, gymnasium and recreational areas.

The guesthouse is also to be a modern three storied building with open courtyard, and the intention is to pamper the guests with superior accommodation and service at reasonable prices, but I know that will take time to implement and there are going to be many headaches to start. I hope to make them all mine and not the clients!

What does Sansuk mean? Roughly translated 'make you feel good' which is the whole aim of the new project.

Since size matters, how big is the sauna? Well, we have the ground floor with lockers, Steamroom, Gym, Sauna, Showers and Toilets with a large recreation area with bar where snacks will be available, opening onto the garden where the pool, Jacuzzi, Sitting area and Outdoor Steamroom with Showers and Toilets will be. On the 2nd floor we will have a darkroom, 10 'rest rooms' two massage rooms, showers and toilets with an open air balcony to relax on. The 3rd floor will have open air 'restrooms' a more private relaxing area with bar showers and toilets...."

Full article on

www.stickyrice.ws/?view=sec-PTY/sansuk

This exciting news is also mentioned on Pattayagay's fabulous newsletter

I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked
    Important info not noted in above article:

Quote Originally Posted by From the interview with Punya in StickyRice
    Q: When will it open?

A: We expect the soft opening of the Guest House to take place in the middle of February 2007.
    Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Great idea and I know I will enjoy an occasional visit to this Sauna! My my, Pattaya really is becoming a big city!

However, I do have a humble suggestion to the owners of the new sauna. Double pricing. Do it! While usually, I abhor double pricing, everyone will be happier if you do it here. I suggest always half price for those under 30! We all know Pattaya gets an older class of farangs and they don't want to pay 250 baht to cavort around in towells ONLY their own same age brothers.
    By such a discount for under 30s, most would be younger Thais, but would also hopefully attract Russians and who knows what other delightful surprises? So, you see, by lowering the price for this class, you would actually get more business, curious, hopeful oldies, and happy to pay less under 30s. Please consider this suggestion seriously if you want a happening sauna.

Sounds wonderful, until you start picturing the type of farangs you'll find in there. Boygeorge in a towel (a BIG fucking towel), anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    Sounds wonderful, until you start picturing the type of farangs you'll find in there. Boygeorge in a towel (a BIG fucking towel), anyone?
    Exactly!
    Thus, my idea.

Unless your idea was to ban old, fat, smelly, and barebacking farangs, the place will still be full of people I'd rather not brush up against in the steam room.

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    Unless your idea was to ban old, fat, smelly, and barebacking farangs, the place will still be full of people I'd rather not brush up against in the steam room.
    We'll count you out then, dear.

Yes, please do that. I wouldn't want to spoil the ambiance for you and boygeorge, anyway, as I'm betting you'll be the only customers. I give this misguided business idea six months, tops. Unless they just give in and turn it into another knocking shop with boys for sale.

I don't think it is misguided at all. I think it is a brilliant idea and encourage the owners to stick it out.

The problem is the lack of young, good-looking Thai guys living in Pattaya who are interesting in giving sex away for free to farangs in a sauna rather than selling it for the highest price in the bars. How many of them do you think there are? I bet they can be counted on one hand.