List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Tips for the NEW visitor to Thailand.

Liked

Travel Tips for the NEW visitor to Thailand.

Many read this forum as they plan their first trip to Thailand. Maybe some of us could give them some of the advice that would have come in handy for us when we first visited Thailand. Here are a few of my travel tips.

* Notify your bank that you will be visiting Thailand.
    * Bring some CASH in the event that your ATM/Credit card is blocked by your bank.
    * Bring a small umbrella to be ready for the flash rain storms. You can buy one in Thailand but the price SOARS when it rains.
    * Try not to eat or drink Dairy for 3 to 4 weeks before your trip to reduce the odor your body will emit through sweat in the hot weather.
    * When at the Airport, Exchange enough of your money for Thai Baht to pay for your taxi and tip of hotel staff as well as possible early meals and transportation you will take to get to a ATM or Exchange booth with better exchange rates.
    * Most bars close at 1am but you can find crowds on Walking Street in Pattaya and in Silom in Bangkok.

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Travel Tips for the NEW visitor to Thailand.

Good Post Bucky....

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    * Try not to eat or drink Dairy for 3 to 4 weeks before your trip to reduce the odor your body will emit through sweat in the hot weather.
    I think this one is a bit of a fallacy to be honest... have seen it quoted for years... but never seen any real proof of this theory... People stink because they don't shower enough or clean their clothes... not because they drank a glass of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    * Most bars close at 1am but you can find crowds on Walking Street in Pattaya and in Silom in Bangkok.
    Most bars close at that time - and thats when the REAL night gets going... pattaya is a 24 hour city and the best part of the day is 1am till 6am

My Tips:
    *Bring a celeb gossib or boy band magazine with you from the airport of your home country - helps break the ice when your friend first arrives to the room... he will pick it up and flick through it when you get back to the room
    *Open the TV on a music channel - (gives you or your friend a chance to use the toilet without embarrassing noises), Hide the remote control so he can't switch to a Thai soap channel and ruin any romantic overtures!
    *Leave Listerine in the bathroom and Clorets on the bed when you go to shower... Just in case he doesn't get the hint!
    *A bottle of whiskey (100 pipers) is usually more cost effective in a bar if there is more than 4 of you drinking. ie. 4 x 180B versus 1000-12000B, everyone gets 3-4 glasses of whiskey and the waiters + a few boys of your choice can join in
    *Taxi fare to jomtien from south pattaya is 10B - not 30B as written in some of the printed pattaya tourist guides (they have been writing that for 10+ years now)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

It was true for my friend Mike. He told me that he cuts down on milk before his travels to hot climates and it makes a big difference. It could have something to do with the medication he takes for his pacemaker but he says it does make a difference.

Also.. Ask a Thai if it makes a difference, but do it before you start to smell LOL
    These are the good'ol days

Lock all your valuables ( passport, credit / ATM cards, extra cash, Ipad / mobile (if not using it) in the room safe AS SOON as you arrive as you'll surely forget later once you get out there partying - and then it might be too late !

As I almost found out to my cost on my very first trip after a chancer of a freelance Thai guy threatened to stop me flying home unless I gave him lots of money and I nearly SHIT myself when I realised he'd been in my room for two days with my passport just lying on the table and I assumed he'd pocketed it to hold it / me to ransom - thankfully for me he wasn't smart enough to have actually worked out he should have done that and was just mouthing off whilst drunk and I immediately secured my passport in a split second and got him to hell out of the room for once and for all - and have never made THAT mistake again !.

If your wearing shorts...get some mosquito spray or you will be scratching your legs..when the itchy red lumps appear
    if you buy street food..be carefull of the salad if they have washed it in the tap water....cause you could be stuck on the toilet the following few days with the delli belly..if its really bad..you can get antibiotics from the pharmacy..just send out your boy or bf to get them for you ha ha

If you'll be spending extended time in BT and you like your booze - think about buying one of the bar Discount cards.

You'll be in profit within 2 days!

Even DaBoss takes them (well she takes anything, doesn't she :evil4: )

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Twat!

It's only jealousy arty

my tip .. forget the taxi from the airport .. get the train and then bst if staying in bangkok far cheaper and much quicker ... or if going straight to pattaya just get a bus..
    oh and im surprised no ones mentioned this yet .. dont forget the 2nd suitcase ... for the condoms of course...
    and a hat to keep the sun off your head ....

Brithai - you do realise these are tips for a first-time visitor?

I would not have dreamed of not taking a taxi the first time I visited - I doubt I would have ever found my hotel.

Of course it could just be that I'm a dozy cow :dontknow: