List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much extra in serviced rooms ?

Liked: 1

How much extra in serviced rooms ?

Having only stayed in hotels/guesthouses until now I would like to know how much I have to pay (extra) for electricity, water and the maid for staying in a serviced appartment/room for 1 month.
    I realise it will never be the same for everyone, but I would like to have some informations about what to expect.

Thank you.

тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Re: How much extra in serviced rooms ?

I have to ask.....

.... if your surname is Janus ....is your 1st name Hugh?

arty

No, it is not. :dontknow:
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Liked

3 000 a month for electricity, but I use a lot of air condition.....

Water I buy myself and cleaning has always been included.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.

I always stay in Mosaic serviced Condos and their rates are : * Electric - 5.5 THB/UNIT, * Water - 35 THB/UNIT, * Housekeeping service on request.

More info @ http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/roomrates.html"
    Hope this is some help to you. :happy7:

Quote Originally Posted by Dani69
    I always stay in Mosaic serviced Condos and their rates are : * Electric - 5.5 THB/UNIT, * Water - 35 THB/UNIT, * Housekeeping service on request.

More info @ http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/roomrates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
    Hope this is some help to you. :happy7:
    Presumably the OP has no idea how many units of electricity or water he might use in a month.

I think he's looking for a ball park figure for a month's worth of utilities rather than a per unit cost.

:dontknow:

Thank you, scottish-guy. :thumbup:
    Yes, I would like to have more answers concerning the amount of THB used. I have no idea how much it takes to run an AC unit. :scratch:

And I wasn't thinking about the drinking water.
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Liked

Towards the end of 2011, I stayed at the Mosaik for one month. I took a one-bedroom deluxe suite (approx. 60 m2) so was running two air con units most of the day and one air con unit all night. I used 497.5 units of electricity at 6.5 (not 5.5) baht per unit so spent 3'233.75 baht on electricity. I used 6 units of water at 35 baht per unit so spent 210 baht.

The charge for cleaning the rooms, changing the bed linen and towels was 250 baht, which I had Monday to Saturday. All the cleaning staff have the Sunday off. When I arrived, there were two bath towels in the bathroom and seven spare towels in the wardrobe. If I used all nine towels, I was still billed 250 baht. If you take a studio apartment, the cleaning charge may be less. There was no charge for Internet access in the room. If you don't have a laptop, there are a couple of computers in the reception which guests can use free of charge.

I have stayed there many times in many different apartments. I have read in the past of problems other posters have had with the security staff. I can't say that I've ever experienced anything but courtesy and helpfulness to me and to the numerous Thai guests I've brought back with me. I have also read of problems posters have had with response time to their e-mail. Again, I have never experienced anything but prompt replies. If I had to criticise anything, it would be their phone system. Calling out can be hit or miss, and many people have told me they weren't able to call through to my room. The problem was solved by using a mobile to call out, and telling folk from back home to e-mail and not call.

Liked

My friend left a few weeks ago and used his Aircon with less activity. As it was cold for locals he used the electric fan he saw another person with. His charges for nearly 3 weeks were only just under 400 baht for the three weeks,

You can be one of those that have to have electricity on ALL THE TIME. The $100 + was extra, for four weeks.

In realistic terms the previous posters charges was high, yours in almost all cases should be lower and sometimes much lower.

Good rule of thumb for those from northern climates, they often use the aircon more than southern climates.

Liked

Daniel.
    Thank you for your excellent post. You have answered many questions I have wondered about mosaic.
    Well done and much obliged.