Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.A. to charge extra ┬г240 long-haul return for extra bag

B.A. to charge extra ┬г240 long-haul return for extra bag

ANYONE BOOKED TO TRAVEL ABROAD (OR RETURN TO UK) FROM 13 FEBRUARY WITH B.A. SHOULD BE WARNED OF THESE EXTRA CHARGES.
    -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

BA to charge ┬г240 for extra bag

British Airways is planning to add up to ┬г240 to the cost of a return long-haul flight if passengers want to check in an extra bag.
    Travellers on shorter international trips will face a bill of ┬г120 and those on domestic journeys, ┬г60.

The fees, which apply from Tuesday 13 February, will be imposed even if the combined weight of the two bags is below the allowance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6341129.stm

Excess baggage

People need to check more than one bag when they travel? How extraordinary. What on earth do people pack in those gargantuan suitcases you see them lugging around airports? I struggle to fill half a suitcase when I'm going away for a fortnight. Think about it. How much room do 7 XXL knickers, 7 pairs of socks, 3 or 4 shirts, a spare pair of trousers and a pair of shoes take up? What else do people need to take on holiday? If there's a bald fat old cunt standing in the check-in queue with you asking questions about "Which one's got the kitchen sink, then?" or "Running away from home?" it'll be me

The ones I pity are the middle-aged guys lining themselves up for a heart attack. They're carrying both the suitcases, the battle-axe wife is following along - carrying only her hand-bag, of course - and pursing her lips because hubby clearly is struggling. And they're just setting off on their 3-week tour of Yurrup. If he's lucky he'll have a coronary before it's over, and she can collect the life insurance. Or perhaps that's her dastardly plan all along

Re: B.A. to charge extra ┬г240 long-haul return for extra bag

Quote Originally Posted by buaseng
    ANYONE BOOKED TO TRAVEL ABROAD (OR RETURN TO UK) FROM 13 FEBRUARY WITH B.A. SHOULD BE WARNED OF THESE EXTRA CHARGES.
    I see that flights to NA are exempted and i wonder if in general a NA passport holder would still be allowed 2 bags intra-Europe say on a RTW.

Get out the bigger heavier bags then. And if a few handlers sprain their backs and sue them ???

The passport you hold is irrelevent.

If you are traveling on a connecting flight to North America (on BA), the limits don't apply. If you're traveling on an intra-Europe flight and not connecting to North America, they do. Any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    The passport you hold is irrelevent.

If you are traveling on a connecting flight to North America (on BA), the limits don't apply. If you're traveling on an intra-Europe flight and not connecting to North America, they do. Any other questions?
    Sorry, dude. US passport people get 2 bags everywhere.

That is wonderful to hear, and as it should be. The rest of you, eat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBeeBkk
    Sorry, dude. US passport people get 2 bags everywhere.
    Oh, that's what those blue-rinsed over-weight ladies are who trail round after their obese husbands. Didn't know polygamy was allowed in the US. :geek:

Polybaggy

Quote Originally Posted by buaseng
    Oh, that's what those blue-rinsed over-weight ladies are who trail round after their obese husbands. Didn't know polygamy was allowed in the US. :geek:
    Allowed, but not legal. Don't ask, don't tell, don't you know?

Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    The rest of you, eat shit.
    Or is it SUCK EGGS, as they say?

I'm sure we can all sympathise