Quote Originally Posted by brithai
?? shouldnt he have lost his arms ?
I'm not understanding why you would automatically think that would be the case ? He obviously threw it, it landed or went towards the ground and the blast was thus at a low level so blew his legs off - thankfully ! as if it had of been higher up perhaps more people would have been injured.

"these first on the button news reports really are a waste of time...."

I disagree. I posted it simply as news, from a reasonably reliable source ( BBC) for those that might be interested as the incident had unfolded as it happened in Bangkok I believed it may actually be of interest to people there, however if of course you find no use in reading such things as you carry little trust in them anyway then no one's forcing you.

You are however right about one thing in that even though my post was an update on a "happening" event you can bet that even what has been reported to date is certainly not the full story and you can be fairly sure that these guys were coming out of a home made bomb factory, where most likely a large(r) bomb was being assembled and being made made for use elsewhere and either the local police may have been "unlucky" in discovering the bombers due to some random issue such as a noise complaint etc or ( and what is more likely ) is that they had already been under the close watch of the Thai and US security services for some time and fearing that they had been discovered or the "police" were moving in to make arrests the terrorists tried to flee, with one of them chosing to "go for it" and attack the security services / police to assist in making good their escape, but as with all things of this nature we'll probably never know.

Anyway, thankfully no one was hurt apart from the bomber and lets hope it stays that way.