Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bomb in Bangkok

Bomb in Bangkok

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/SP209921.htm

A small bomb exploded near a royal palace in the Thai capital Bangkok on Saturday, lightly wounding one person as the country celebrated the anniversary of the coronation of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

The bomb shattered a telephone booth outside the Chitrlada Palace, the Bangkok residence of Thailand's revered king who has been on the throne for 60 years, the world's longest reigning monarch.

It was not known if King Bhumibol, who turns 80 this year, was in the palace.

"It was intended to make a loud noise and cause chaos. It was not aimed to destroy life," Police Lieutenant General Adisorn Nonsi told TiTV television.

A young man in his 20s was slightly wounded and being questioned by police, TiTV said.

Thai authorities have not found the culprits behind a series of New Year's Eve bombs in Bangkok that killed three people and wounded 38.

A phone booth

It must have been intended for Clark Kent

Re: A phone booth

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    It must have been intended for Clark Kent
    LOL - or maybe the youtube liberation army did it!

The Clark Kent bomber still at large?

Er yes is it safe to go to Bangkok? I was hoping to go next week, but I am not so sure anymore. Unfortunately I would be heading straight for the busiest market there. Are Thursdays and Wednesdays better for bombing ; do they only happen on weekends and public holidays? I have a mobile so I would be safe from superman.

Liked

What is the difference?

At least the authorities are classifying it as a bomb and not a big fire cracker as they did last time.

Hmmmmmmm....... Anyone know the difference between a big fire cracker and a small bomb?

Not a trick question.... I'd just like to know is all.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think it was Homitern

breaking wind again..especially as there was a 20 year old lad involved.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.