Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Hotel Chiang Mai

Liked

Lotus Hotel Chiang Mai

I stayed here for 3 days before Christmas - Overall, it was very good. The room was really nice with lots of wood and local artefacts and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's not cheap; my room, a small suite was 2600 baht per night but it was very nice with the bedroom on a mezzanine level. The price included a basic continental breakfast and both-way airport transfers. There's a pleasant if rather small garden (although the room is a bit closer to the road than it looks on the website) and the location is quite convenient with a couple of gay bars nearby including Adam's Apple Bar which is just across the road. I'd definitely stay here again if I was going back to Chiang Mai.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Lotus Hotel Chiang Mai

That sounds like possibly the same suite that I stayed in. Did it look out over the garden with a great view of the mountains beyond? I endorse your comments overall, especially about proximity to the road, the noise from which made lie-ins a bit difficult.

Friends had an unfortunate experience there with missing valuables from their room.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by louis50
    I stayed here for 3 days before Christmas - Overall, it was very good. The room was really nice with lots of wood and local artefacts and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's not cheap; my room, a small suite was 2600 baht per night but it was very nice with the bedroom on a mezzanine level. The price included a basic continental breakfast and both-way airport transfers. There's a pleasant if rather small garden (although the room is a bit closer to the road than it looks on the website) and the location is quite convenient with a couple of gay bars nearby including Adam's Apple Bar which is just across the road. I'd definitely stay here again if I was going back to Chiang Mai.

I have stayed in the same room a few times ,I like it a lot ,and if i venture to Chaing mai i always stay at the lotus .

This is getting creepy - I've stayed in the same room as well!

:sign5:

Liked

Are we talking about the room at the front and far to the right? I liked that room. It had a mildew odor when I was there but they left a can of deodorizer in the room to cover the smell.

I liked it there but wished it was closer to the. Night market
    These are the good'ol days

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    .....I liked it there but wished it was closer to the. Night market
    Since it was you Bucky, I'm astonished they didn't immediately offer to move the Hotel a few miles nearer the Night Market.

BTW - did the Manager grope you and beg for sex every night as you made your way to bed?

All i got was one of the barboys at the Garden Bar.
    -
    :evil4:

Liked

No, but when I first stayed there I tended to walk as much as my legs would allow, just to get to be familiar with the area. I even walked to the mall that was about a 40 minute walk from the hotel. (I walk fast). I walked so much that on my way back to the hotel I was stopped by an elderly Thai lady who questioned me as to where I was from and just before our conversation drew to a close she smiled at me and stated; "You like to walk." I smiled with a nod and continued my walk.

And although I didn't get hit on by the hotel staff there, I did meet a young farang at Adams Apple. We were the last 2 customers there when they closed and we both walked out and began talking when we got to the street. He told me he was staying with his girlfriend at a hotel not far from where we were. We then crossed the street and played some pool. There were some Thai guys there playing pool also, the streets were empty when we began to play. I forgot who won but the next game we decided to play strip pool. Each time one of us sunk a ball, the other hand to take something off. When we got down to our underwear the Thai guys took notice and told us not allowed. We told them we were only playing strip poker and after one more shot we will put our clothes back on. Well one of us one and the other stripped and then we got dressed and walked to the street.

The Thai guys came out near us and one of them told us that his friend liked one of us. Well.. All 4 of us went to my hotel room and showered and moved our fun to the bed. The farang went into the bathroom with one of the guys and I remained on the bed with my guy. Soon the Thai guy left the bathroom grabbing his clothes and looking at his friend with a look that told me that he didn't want to leave. The Farang guy climbed into the bed with us and seem to go to sleep after complaining about the guy that left.

The Thai guy I was with was a little shy with me when his friend was in the room but once his friend left he transformed into a sex machine. After our fun, he left with a tip and the farang wanted to have some fun with me. I don't remember if he and I did anything, I don't think we did, but it was him that started me off having wild nights in Thailand.

After that night I decided I would off 2 guys from Adams Apple for some 3 way fun. One guy had a silicone injected cock.. The other guy had stone pebbles under the skin of his cock That was by far the worst sexual experience I had in Thailand and to top it off.. I had to pay for it! :wav:

Now when I went to the house of Male, I did meet one VERY HOT guy. After we had our fun and exchanged contact information he told me that his friend called him and told him to come to the house of male because there was a black guy there (Me). His friend described me in a most flattering way.

The thing is I didn't know what to expect when I first got to thailand. I was told Thai guys don't like black guys and then I got a private message telling me that the Thai guys will treat me like a celebrity due to the fact that at the time there were not many black American's in Thailand and the only ones they saw were on TV in music videos and sports. He was so right. When I first arrived in Thailand I was treated very much like a celebrity. People would even stop me on the street to have their picture taken with me. One old Thai man stopped me and asked if I would take a picture with his Grandchild. Everyone was so kind to me I did all I could to return the favor.

When I was walking down the steps of a cross walk, some kids were trying to drag their bikes up the crowded steps and people rushed around them. I turned around, grabbed the bikes and carried them up the steps for them with out a word spoken. When I set the bikes down the children Wai'ed me and I smiled and made my way down the steps. Since that moment, I try never to let a moment of kindness get past me. When I go to the 7-11 I may pay for the purchase of a person in uniform or the candy or drink of a child. I may buy some food or a drink for a security guard sitting at a booth. I may buy a cold drink for a vendor that I drove a hard bargain with or who made my blood boil.

I think once you are happy on the inside, it shows on the outside... And there is a reason why some people have a happier life than others. It's because they work for it. And I work to make myself happy every moment of every day.

This year I have a new goal or challenge for myself. That challenge is to sculpt my ass and legs similar to one of the guys in the B-boys dance group. I am not much of an ass man but when I saw his... WOW! even if I don't reach my goal, I know I will improve on what I have now and I am looking forward to seeing if it makes a difference in the fun I have this summer.

You see... Thailand is not the land of Magic for me. Life is.

But what is funny is that I can experience the same events with a friend who is bored to tears while I on the other hand savored every moment. I am now at a point in my life that I will enjoy having a cold or the flu if only because I could then truly enjoy being snuggled up in a warm bed watching TV one moment and sleeping the next. Heck, I even enjoy the 20 hours it takes me to fly to Thailand on the plane and I sometimes with the flight was longer! Haha!

No regrets... That is going to be my motto for 2012
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

I've stayed there and it is very overpriced in my opinion. Also, too far from the action.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kjun12
    I've stayed there and it is very overpriced in my opinion. Also, too far from the action.
    Depends on what action you are after, Adam's Apple has always been my centre of attention, and even the small garden bar at Lotus has produced some interesting results, although the passing elephants with red lights wrapped around their tail were an interesting diversion.

In the old days the poorly named Romantic Restaurant [when across the road was also run by Lotus] was interesting cheap food and a lot of fun.

Have to agree with Danny99 - after a few jaunts to the Night Market and the outlying bars (very little is close-by), my companions and I were quite content to spend the evening between Adams Apple and the hotel Garden Bar.

We found that many boys would wander into to the garden bar - there was really no need to go searching.

:hello2: