I am back in the gym preparing myself for my trip to Thailand in October. Over the winter I ate like a pig and didn't go to the gym at all! It got so bad that I could not fit into my pants with a 29" waist. I had to start wearing 34" waist pants! Well I have been back in the gym and eating healthy again. I even started wearing weights to build my legs up and I am happy to report that I am down to a 32" waist and hope to be at a 30" waist by the end of July.

I know many will say that Thai guys don't care what visitors look like, but I can tell you that it does matter. Being in good shape will often reduce the compensation requested of you from those in the business, it helps you in the non-commercial social circles amongst the general gay/straight population not to mention being better able to handle the heat.

This is the first time I have focused so much energy into preparing myself for something so far away! Each day I think about what I will eat and how much time I will spend in the gym. This may be my last trip for many years to come and I want to make sure it is as memorable as possible!

Do any of you do the same thing? Do you prepare yourself for your holiday or do you simple come as you are?