Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden secrets in Sunee

Hidden secrets in Sunee

Wanting to taste authentic German food,on several recommendations I headed over to the other side of Pattaya to Naklua .
    First time being there I was in awe at the amount of both Russian tourists and their restaurants springing up alongside the German restaurants,many of which were also selling Russian foods.
    I finally settled on a restaurant in Naklua Rd,where I was served by the German owner who strangely spoke to me half in Thai and half in English.
    I wanted to taste sourkrout and thus ordered Pea and Ham soup and for mains Veal snitzel with sourkrout.
    Whilst I liked the snitzel, Sourkrout and myself didnt agree,but I really loved the pea and ham soup with bread,delicious!
    I wouldnt put it down to a great experience however and I thought the price was a little steep at a bit over 500 baht including two soft drinks.

A few days later I was walking through Sunee Plaza and feeling quite peckish when I noticed an outdoor menu outside the Up2U Bar.
    Feeling a little wary about trying German food again and the fact that everytime I have gone into a bar that advertises food I mostly always receive the common "NO HAVE"and that usually is after they have sold you a drink.
    So not really having much food choice in that area I entered the bar and sat at one of their 4 large tables and I was quite surprised to have a cheerful waiter approach me with a menu.
    You may be wondering why I was surprised? Well for most times I have gone into a bar that advertises it sells hot food,you sit down to have a clueless waiter/tress approach you with "What you want Sir"? with a real sound of surprise in their question as to why you have sat down at one of their supposed dining tables.
    Not so here at Up2u with the waiter even suggesting a Wiener Sausage meal with fried potato which may I say was dellicious and much more enjoyable than the "authentic" German restaurant I paid a hefty price for a few days earlier in Naklua.
    I think the price was well under 200b and that included a soft drink.
    UP2U Bar is opposite the now closed Apadena bar in Sunee Plaza and has about 4 dining tables at the back and chairs for drinking at the front.

Another hidden gem is the newish Sky Bar and Restaurant several doors up from the Krazy Dragon go go.
    Serving modern French named meals,I had a delicious meal which was well presented,something with the name similar to Duck Merangue?
    Whilst the menu isnt large they have a range of very good meals with wide range of meat dishes and later I tried the Pork with apple sauce with baked potatoes,truly delicious that I wanted to order another.
    Alain the French host used to be a chef apparently so the meals are presented the same as a five star establishment except without the high price tag.
    There are a few high tables for dining,all presented with white tablecloths and wine glasses along with red serviettes.
    I think it's better to book here and give notice you are coming so they can be prepared especially if you are in a group.

I did not try other food places in Sunee,Im sure there are more and I wished I had tried Pol Pot again.

Liked

Re: Hidden secrets in Sunee

I thought that Pattaya is a haven for German pedophiles was well-known. No wonder there are so many bad German restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    I thought that Pattaya is a haven for German pedophiles was well-known...

A quite disgraceful slur!

Some may be Austrian.

rotest:

Whilst I didn't try Wan's Cafe this trip I did hear from others there food is also quite good with a variety of good thai food too should you wish to take a boy there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

we all have our favorite places in Sunee
    for tasty weiner

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Some may be Austrian. rotest:
    Hey they might be German speaking Swiss.

No matter, we don't talk about their bad habits on this board ! Do we ?

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    Hey they might be German speaking Swiss.

No matter, we don't talk about their bad habits on this board ! Do we ?
    I do not see anybody doing so Jinks - all I see are people merely ackowledging the existance of such persons.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    Hey they might be German speaking Swiss. No matter, we don't talk about their bad habits on this board ! Do we ?
    Not unless they're habit-wearing German-speaking monks.

Liked

I did not try other food places in Sunee,Im sure there are more and I wished I had tried Pol Pot again.
    I think you mean the Po Pot restaurant, Pol Pot was the leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    I think you mean the Po Pot restaurant, Pol Pot was the leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.

You don't say, well I never!