Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: gentlemen only-when? where?

Liked

Re: gentlemen only-when? where?

Quote Originally Posted by macaroni21
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    it looks like more posters disagreed than agreed with your opinion.
    Perhaps among the few that engaged in the discussion here, not many agreed with Thaiguest, but I recently did a survey on my blog, whose results indicate that he speaks for a definite majority.

http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2...y-male-places/

I also note that Beachlover is Australian, and in fact the survey threw up something really odd about responses from Australians - of all the nationalities, they were unusually tolerant about women. So if there is anyone whose views may be unrepresentative of the "centre of gravity", so to speak, of opinion from gay punters of various different nationalities, it would be Beachlover et al.

There are many reasons for the observed decline of the gogo bar industry in Thailand, but I am pretty sure this is one of the them. If any of you want to see how bad (i.e. gay-denying, price-exorbitant) such bars can get, visit one of the macho dancer bars in Manila. I have a bad feeling that that is the future that awaits Thai bars.
    Anyone with common sense knows I speak for a definite majority but thanks for the confirmation anyway.

This forum is known for the prissy nitpickers who insist on throwing in their dime's worth even when they know nothing about the reality of the matter in question and have no actual interest (material or otherwise) in the essence of the issue, living as they are with their elderly parents or other such long suffering relatives.

Don't expect a representative impression of real gay opinion via this forum; some good guys but many twisted, nasty sh-t heads.

This topic has run its couse certainly but its heartening to see so much interest displayed.

Over and out.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    Don't expect a representative impression of real gay opinion via this forum
    The "real gay" people, eh? So where exactly would I find them? I think you mean to say, "the gay people who think like I do".

Christ, get a life...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    The "real gay" people, eh?
    I'm confused by that too Matt. Does 'thaiguest' go around saying to people "I'm not gay I'm a real gay" The mind boggles to say the least....

Over to you Scotty maybe you can work that statement out!

Maybe Thaiguest is the only (real) gay in the village!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by chillnorth
    in trooped a half dozen middle aged American women (the hair was a dead giveaway) who settled down and arranged themselves quite clearly as a viewing gallery with little conversation and not much in the way of smiles between them....They didn't break anything, but they didn't help my mood and I moved on earlier than I might have.
    Your post sounds more mature and objective than others so you might already realise this, but if all they were doing is sitting there (not yelling out abuse) then I think the issue is more your reaction to their presence than their actual behaviour...

We all have to tolerate stuff we don't 100% like... that's part of life. Something that some members here can't tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by chillnorth
    A lot of bars in the old days had signs that read ""All Nations Welcome But Carrie". Maybe a newer gay version could be "All Women Welcome But the Wrong Ones".
    The real question is HOW does this group of women DIFFER from any other type of person this forum complains about, other than the fact you personally dislike them?

How are women different from the Russians, the Mainland Chinese, the Indians, the farang who like to humiliate and fondle the boys' private parts in public, the Arabs or any other undesirable type? It's kind of like the Army trying to justify their discrimination against gay people. There's no fair and rational way to justify it.

Anyone with common sense knows I speak for a definite majority but thanks for the confirmation anyway.
    The poll isn't terribly scientific but since you're using it to back up your point, you should point out that only a measly 16% of responders said they would boycott bars allowing women in. And only 37% said they MIGHT avoid patronising bars that welcome women. Doesn't sound like the poll puts you in the majority at all!

Don't expect a representative impression of real gay opinion via this forum
    Real gay opinion? Do you mean gay men overall? Or do you mean the small sub-section of the gay population who visit gogo bars and hire money boys? Not saying there's anything wrong with doing that but in most mainstream gay bars and clubs (not commercial sex), most patrons don't care about having women around. They can be good fun.

I don't think there's any publicly fair and acceptable reason to exclude women from gay gogo bars. I think there's simply a segment of commercial sex venue attendees who dislike having women around in their gogo bars because they have personal emotional issues with women and feel self conscious being themselves around them. If a bar wants to cater specifically to this segment, then by all means go ahead, but don't make up valid reasons why women should be excluded from all gay venues.

Liked

There's no fair and rational way to justify it.

Exactly. As my Thai friend would say, "if they want to have a problem up to them." The ultimate choice for me is to stay or go.

I don't find it a whole lot more appealing to sit next to a wreck of a farang who is slobbering on an uncomfortable-looking lad in front of the other boys and customers for 20 baht, though if the lad is attractive it might take a bit longer to finish my drink in disgust and depart.

I didn't read the entire topic, but I've no objections against women in a bar of which we think that it's a gay bar.

First of all: Not every bar with only male hosts or male dancers is a gay bar. We would like to see it that way.
    OK, Copa and BBB, Funny and Panorama (for example) are situated in BoyzTown, but they also could be in Walking Street or in the New Naklua Walking Plaza.

Secondly: Approx. 75% of the boys/men working in the host- and gogo-bars aren't gay. They're bi- or hetero-sexual. Allow them to have the pleasure to earn some money in something they REALLY like to do.

Third: If I'm in a so-called gay bar and I can't make up my mind to pick a boy from the stage and one or more famales are entering the venue........the choice will be a lot easier..........all straight guys will act like crazy and can't take their eyes of their potential lucky night. Those guys will be skipped from my possible choice-list.