In the short term most gay gogo bars probably make more money by allowing straights in. The answer comes down to what the long-term implications are... what percentage of customers do we lose by allowing women in and what percentage of customers do we gain by allowing them in? It would vary on a case by case basis. In Boyztown, Pattaya they probably get a lot of tourists so they have a lot to lose if they implement a no females policy. Similarly the biggest gogo bars in Bangkok like Dream Boys would lose a LOT of customers if they barred women. I see lots of girls and mixed groups in there. Pretty sure I've seen gay guys with their female friends there too.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
Most of all I object to women in gay bars because male nudity in the presence of women makes me cringe with embarrassment. That's the way I was reared. I think most gay men think like I do.
I definitely don't think like that. Don't mind male nudity in front of women at all. In fact it kind of turns me on.

Quote Originally Posted by RichLB
I agree with the original poster. My objection to women in gay bars is I don't like being part of their entertainment. They come not only to look at the dancing guys, but to ogle the gay customers and snicker amongst themselves at our behavior. It's even worse when a tour bus empties their gaggle of misbehaving tourists to fill a bar and make the regular customers feel as if they are the interlopers.
I wouldn't like being gawked at either but I've never had this issue... Only times I've seen women in gogo bars they were either watching the show and having fun like everyone else or smitten and charmed by some gogo boy.