For anyone who's been in Pattaya for a while, I'm sure we've all had to deal with someone trying to extort us for some reason or another. Usually it's under the threat of getting the shit kicked out of you, if not killed. For me at least, it's usually for absolutely no reason whatsoever, except that I'm white.

It's only happened to me a few times now. One time we hid like cowards, but that was kind of justified, as Kim was getting death threats many times a day due to jealousy. Then the other times it's just some dick who says I owe him money. I won't have the slightest clue who the guy is, but he'll tell me I owe him some small amount like 500 or 1000 baht, or else he'll box me. Thankfully during those times, I've always known someone who likes me, who also knows that person, so will talk to them for me.

So it's never actually caused a problem yet, but I'm sure eventually my luck's going to run out. How do you guys deal with that? And of course, any good stories to share? I'm sure lots of you guys have many of them. :-)