Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That Thai way of walking

Liked

That Thai way of walking

Have you noticed the way many Thai guys strut along the street, swinging their arms from side to back at about 45 degrees to their body, while walking with their feet pointing at about 45 degrees outwards rather than straight forward. I find it quite unique and endearing, but does anyone know why this manner of walking is popular?

[color=blue][b][i]SANOOK - JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN[/i][/b][/color]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/PattayaBayPanoramaSigSmall.jpg[/img]

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: That Thai way of walking

They walk like Ballet Dancers, pointing the toes, or those that they still have.

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    They walk like Ballet Dancers, pointing the toes, or those that they still have.
    Can't say that I have ever met a Thai with no toes jinks!

Oh I can answer this question DEFINITIVELY!!!

You will notice that this "gait" only affects boys who have coffin-dodging UK Expat "boyfriends".

Now these patrons are so elderly and decrepit that all they are capable of doing of an evening is to watch UK Gold on satellite TV for hours on end (UK Gold comprises endless re-runs of "Classic British Comedy") - in fact I have seen questions asked on this very forum as to how to access UK Gold in Thailand!

Their "boy special" obviously has to watch it every night with them as a condition of employment (and to empty the urine bag every so often, but that's another matter)

One of the top British TV performers in the 70's was called DICK EMERY and his shows are often shown on the aforementioned UK Gold.

Endless viewing of DICK EMERY by "boy specials" has resulted in them adopting this mincing walk (hereafter to be known as Mincegait) which is the subject of this Topic!

See it for yourself HERE!!!

http://tinyurl.com/ybd7stg

Liked

can't say I have noticed this. But I have noticed that there is no slower-walking creature in the world than a Thai woman. Getting stuck behind one on the sidewalk is torture until you can get past.

Oh! I notice this too...it is so sweet. The gait is nonchalant and unhurried, allowing the ability to concentrate on companions and laugh laugh laugh, like they love to do.

I think I know why the toes are pointed thusly. To point your feet is ingrained into the culture from very early on as rude. There's a natural aversion to ever having toes or soles showing at anyone, especially in temples and near Buddhas. Perhaps GF or Brad might chime in here, but I think they naturally avoid any kind of pointing with their feet.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Strange... I've never noticed this.

BL... why do I think that your next visit to the LOS you will be doomed to trip a lot as you spend all your time observing the walking habits of all the cute guys here?? lol

The asian gait, whether Chinese or Thai, is one of the things I've always noticed here. Deliberately not purposeful, very seductive in the 'I don't care how long it takes me to reach my destination' way, is one of the things that makes everyday enjoyable.

That and the incessant male hugging thai boy workers engage in on those construction trucks after work...sigh...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Asian gait? Bugger... maybe I'm doing it myself. Damnit... I don't have a full length mirror anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    ... I don't have a full length mirror anywhere.
    Neither had Dracula.

:hello1: :hello1: