Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bondi Beach Guesthouse: Jomtien

Bondi Beach Guesthouse: Jomtien

I just spent three nights at this guesthouse. It is right on the beach, just a few steps from the 7-11 and the police building. It was clean and the rooms were good sized. The staff were Thai and so a bit dense but Colin seems like a nice enough guy. The price was reasonable for the location and it looks like the rooms were recently renovated. 1000 baht a night and much better than D.D. Inn around the corner.

I've stayed at DD Inn a couple of times this year and the first time the shower wouldn't turn off, the knob was broken. The second time the sink was plugged up and didn't get unplugged for the two days I was there.

Bondi Beach Guesthouse... give it a try and see if you like it.

ajarntrade

Liked

Re: Bondi Beach Guesthouse: Jomtien

Thanks for the review ajarntrade. Is the area very quiet late at night/early morning? Do the rooms have balconies looking over the beach/sea? Do you know if there is parking space for car around the guesthouse. Does the room have a safe? Bed comfortable or like a rock? Bathroom water pressure/shower good?

Hope you can help with the questions....others may be interested too....I was considering a short 2-3 night stay there in January/Feb after a week at Mosaik....just for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by ajarntrade
    The staff were Thai and so a bit dense
    good to see such a high level of respect for the locals. if only they could all be of the same intellectual stature as the visitors to their country......

Quote Originally Posted by Alaan
    Thanks for the review ajarntrade. Is the area very quiet late at night/early morning? Do the rooms have balconies looking over the beach/sea? Do you know if there is parking space for car around the guesthouse. Does the room have a safe? Bed comfortable or like a rock? Bathroom water pressure/shower good?

Hope you can help with the questions....others may be interested too....I was considering a short 2-3 night stay there in January/Feb after a week at Mosaik....just for a change.
    Bet they can't wait for your booking to come in.............. :happy7: :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

Why do scots go naked under their kilts? To save on the laundry bill.............

Liked

Just to add that I, too, resent your racist remark.

I'm staying at Room Club right now, a block down the beach. 1k baht sounds like an awful good price considering the location. I'd imagine that the 7-11 could generate a little noise and I assume these rooms are directly above the Bondi bar? It never seemed loud when I've walked passed it and there are always a few handsome boys sitting on the outside ledge, welcoming customers. If I find some time yet this week, I might visit the bar.

I think all of the hotels in Thailand have hard beds. I'm assuming it is to keep the massage guys on the beach in good business? lol. At 250 baht I'm inclined to get a massage every day, anyway.

I had a couple gentleman recommend that I stay at Silver Sand Villa next time. It is 1400 baht for a basic room but they have a nice pool. Fellow suggested staying in the old wing and request a room overlooking the pool for the best view.

Liked

I think all of the hotels in Thailand have hard beds. I'm assuming it is to keep the massage guys on the beach in good business?
    It's to save money. You can buy a good mattress in Thailand but their expensive. The simple fix that some hotels use is a layer of foam latex under a wrap around mattress cover.

Recent studies I read do not support the idea that a hard bed is good for the back.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dave_syd
    good to see such a high level of respect for the locals. if only they could all be of the same intellectual stature as the visitors to their country......
    heh, I actually get a chuckle out of this nowadays. It's as if some farangs view Thais as this really weird, malformed breed of humans, or something. Then these are usually the same people that complain Thais only view them as ATMs. Go figure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    heh, I actually get a chuckle out of this nowadays. It's as if some farangs view Thais as this really weird, malformed breed of humans, or something. Then these are usually the same people that complain Thais only view them as ATMs. Go figure, lol.
    what I don't understand is why these people with such a negative opinion of Thailand and its people keep coming back here.

Liked

what I don't understand is why these people with such a negative opinion of Thailand and its people keep coming back here.
    Probably because you can goto Sunee Plaza, and feel up a gorgeous boy's dick for 20 baht. And if you're a cheap bastard, you can get short-time sex with a gorgeous Thai for 500 baht.

heh, now that I'm in fairly good with a small group of Thais, they're all comfortable with me, know I truly love Kim, and now consider me a jai dee guy, they've opened up quite a bit more. You wouldn't believe some of the stories of farangs they have. Un-fucking-believable... and while they're telling these stories, you know full well these are the same farangs who complain that the Thais don't respect them, and just treat them at ATMs.

Makes proving myself as a good person ten times harder, but that's ok. I knew that going in, and thankfully, seem to be past that stage now.