The gushing I'm hearing about AA and Power smells like something an owner would say.....or patrons who don't get out that much. I'll be hitting Power Boys hopefully this week, I was planning on tonight but had a late night last night. Wound up at the bars near the Night Bazaar, I really wouldn't recommend them unless you're in the market for underage ruffians from Burma and the Hill tribes. I don't know if there was a broken bottle being brandished about at one point but there was a big kerfluffle going on just before we left. I was there with a Thai friend and he basically said he'd prefer I didn't go there on my own.

The few bars left over near the old climbing wall have picked up, we wound up spending a few hours there. The owner of Friendship is a class act, remembering my name, what I drank and really makes the effort to chat with his customers. We also were over at MTVee and as it was the owner's birthday there was the usual raucous Thai birthday party in full swing. There weren't many freelancers around but the ones that were there were damn cute and were much more upscale than what you'd find down the road, plus they look legal and have also had some contact with a bar of soap. Just a word of advice, the bathrooms are not being maintained at all and rank among the most vile I ever set foot in. Who knows how long that area will be around but when it's busy it's fun and it might wind up being my preference for spending my baht and having a chat with a cute guy.