PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone visited the Pattaya Park complex?

bao-bao
February 10th, 2011, 21:23
I've never visited the Pattaya Park complex myself, although I've seen the tower sticking up above the skyline a thousand times. Has anyone gone there, and, if so, what did you think about it? Some of you who live there may have.

I know it's always stuck me as an extremely touristy place - is it? My guess is the view from 50+ floors up is impressive and that the restaurants are somewhat over-priced and of moderate quality. Am I anywhere close to the mark here?

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/PattayaParkTowerfromJomtienComplex-Web.jpg

thrillbill
February 10th, 2011, 21:42
Unfortunately it is like most building/ operations that are in Thailand--looks nice when new, then neglected. I was there a couple years ago and the pool area had that "worn out" look and the restrooms (with nasty showers) were something I'd find in a developing country in Africa. A friend of mine was at the pool area last week and said that the water was dirty. A couple summers ago, a boy was sucked into a pool water pipe into the pump room..he had removed a loose iron grid while looking for an item of his. I have never eaten at the restaurant up in the tower, but a few years ago the company had to hire a guard to make sure no one would jump off the ledge from the tower... a couple suicides had occured. I think little children would like it since they don't notice poor maintenance or when things are unsafe. :tongue3:

Impulse
February 11th, 2011, 00:54
It's just your average park.I would think the ride which shoots you up very fast,and then drops you might be worth a try.It's the same one as the one on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas,which is about a thousand ft. elevation.Now that ride was scary.
The view on top at pattay park is imppresive.Worth a trip up.

My only real memory of the place was kissing my boyfriend on the ride up to the top in that tin can type container.

gerefan2
February 11th, 2011, 23:50
My guess is the view from 50+ floors up is impressive and that the restaurants are somewhat over-priced and of moderate quality. Am I anywhere close to the mark here?

No, you are actually spot on.
The whole place needs a make over it has been totally neglected and unpainted for years.
Added to which they flagrantly use the double standard pricing system....Farangs pay a lot more!

HawaiiBoy
February 12th, 2011, 04:02
In December the park and surrounding hotels appeared to be totally dominated by Russian tourists. I felt like I was walking in Eastern Europe.