Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: what is a host karaoke bar and how do you off

Liked

what is a host karaoke bar and how do you off

Smiles mentioned host bars as distinct from go go and I wondered where in Pattaya they were located.
    I have now had an email from a friend arriving in Pattaya for Easter asking
    "what is a host karaoke bar and how do you off?

Also for my benefit where are these host bars

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    Dreaded Neds lists Butterfly Karaoke on Soi 1 Day Night Plaza. http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/3/9/
    I have not been there, but perhaps others have and can comment or may know of others not listed.

I have visited Adam in Saphan Kwai in BKK. It was very pleasant. The boys sat together in a small area opposite the customers and were dressed in street clothes. You can choose one you are attracted to, buy him a drink, sing some songs with him, and then off him just as you would in a bar. I had a boy who gave a super good massage so it all made for a pleasant evening. That was three years ago. He has left the bar about a year ago, but I still make contact with him when I visit BKK.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Host bars are located in every area where there are go go bars and a few others. In Boyz Town: Oscars and Panorama are host bars. In Sunee: Come In Bar, the old Memories, Forest House, and Corner Bar are host bars. There are several Karaoke Host Bars, one is in Day Night Plaza. In host bars the boys wear street clothes and can chose to sit, talk, and drink with a customer or not, and it is up to him if he goes off with a customer. I know several Farang that are very intimidated by host bars because the boys have the option of not spending time with them..unlike a gogo bar where the boys really have no choice but to put up with fat, smelly, old drunks.

I clearly remember one very drunk old fool that was outraged when a very nice boy not only said "NO!"to him, but said in very clear English, "Hell, No!" At which point the manager rushed over and explained as well as anyone can explain to a rude drunk...that NO meant NO.

To off in a Host Bar simply ask the boy after a drink and a chat if he would like to go off with you, if he says yes, pay the off fee, and be gone. Host boys will rarely say no to a customer that they have chosen to sit and talk with....so be secure guys...he wouldn't be sitting with you if he didn't want to go with you, but don't make the mistake of acting like you are in a gogo bar and can order up a boy like he is a Gin and Tonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soi 10 Tom
    There are several Karaoke Host Bars, one is in Day Night Plaza.
    Most of these cater to girls looking for guys to "off"; suprisingly, most of the customers in these particular bars are bar-girls who have finished work for the night and are looking for a short-time or, preferably, an all-night - and who, according to a friend I have known a very long time who worked in one in Bangkok and then Pattaya after "graduating" from the gay bars, are ready and willing to pay well for it.

Liked
    [quote=Gone Fishing]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Soi 10 Tom":3qanqi7x
    There are several Karaoke Host Bars, one is in Day Night Plaza.
    Most of these cater to girls looking for guys to "off"; suprisingly, most of the customers in these particular bars are bar-girls who have finished work for the night and are looking for a short-time or, preferably, an all-night - and who, according to a friend I have known a very long time who worked in one in Bangkok and then Pattaya after "graduating" from the gay bars, are ready and willing to pay well for it.[/quote:3qanqi7x]

I was more than deflated last year when a boy I had offed for 2 nights told me he was going to use my money to off a lady
    [his word not mine] Gay for pay not gay.

Deflated??

told me he was going to use my money to off a lady - It could have been worse, he could have told you he didn't need your money as he was being offed by a lady!

Re: what is a host karaoke bar and how do you off

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    "what is a host karaoke bar and how do you off?
    You start to sing "I'll do you my way"