Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dicks Cafe Jomtien Warning

Dicks Cafe Jomtien Warning

There is a waiter there with a serious attitude.
    Also a bit of a thief.
    Be sure to actually look at your written tabs, if you get my drift.

Liked
    I am sure a number of fellows on the Board would agree with what I am about to say.
    The management of Dicks ~ Jomtien and Bangkok, and the Tarntawan would be horrified to think that customers had legitimate complaints about the integrity of their staff. Most of their staff I have encountered are 'diamonds'. The management of Dicks are heavily involved in all things 'gay' in Thailand and provide tremendous support to the gay community. I am sure they would take any action necessary very swiftly. I've never heard of speak of any such accusations previously; such behaviour isn't something that Dicks would tolerate as it might ruin all the years of hard work to build up their enviable reputation.

I would suggest Raksiam that you make your complaint known to the management. If you don't know who to talk to, then I suggest you email tarntawan@tarntawan.com and mark it up for the attention of Mr. Lukas. I am sure you will receive a prompt reply. Many readers would put their management on 'our team'.
    Dick

Fair enough.

I do not wish to get him fired. I am sure that will happen in good time.

I know lots of people here go there, and just a heads up. I really think it is one bad apple, and I agree, usually the service at Dicks is quite good.

BTW, I am not a regular there, so maybe this is something this guy trys on what he thinks are tourists.

Liked: 1
    Lol, Dick is defending Dick's
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Please contact Lucas as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Raksiam
    There is a waiter there with a serious attitude.
    Also a bit of a thief.
    Be sure to actually look at your written tabs, if you get my drift.
    Maybe there is some misunderstanding going on. I don't know and I won’t judge.

But please write immediately your complaint or what it is to
    Mr. LUCAS at tarntawan@tarntawan.com
    as soon as possible please. Lucas is managing the caf├й’s and at least once a week in Pattaya, It’s easy to meet him. He will listing very carefully and will act somehow. Anyway, he will be very grateful for all your information.

Alternatively call him on his mobile. His phone number is available at all caf├й’s or from hotel reception in Bangkok: 02 238 2620.

If there are gay places I can trust in fully, that’s my supervisors home (ours), both Dick’s Caf├й’s and the Tarntawan Place hotel.

As long as I can remember all the staff at DicKs Cafe's, the Tarntawan Place or Sports Bar are just brilliant.

Liked
    Hey Jetsam,

Yes I did laugh out loud! Thank you. I've lived with the 'handle' now so long, I had forgotten. It made me chukle when you pointed out the humour. I have no problems in associating my name with such outstanding venues. Long may we continue! The thing is, I have no reservations in championing my namesake. They do what they do very well, and they manage it all with integrity and panash that many enterprises aspire to.

Ratsiam, having cast the suggestion of impropriety amongst one element of staff on a public board, please do report your complaint to Mr. Lucas so this can be properly dealt with ~ for the benefit of us all too.
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Raksiam
    ...I do not wish to get him fired. I am sure that will happen in good time....
    Excuse me! A waiter "with a serious attitude" and who is "a bit of a thief" and apparenty pads the bills and you don't think he should be fired! Boy, talk about passive/aggresive.

Posting an anonymous, vague complaint on a website and warning others to "watch out" at a specific establishment is not really the proper way to air a grievance.
    IF your complaint is legitimate then contact the management directly and quit pussyfooting around.[/b]

Liked
    thanks for the warning.
    These are the good'ol days

I will repeat. I do not need the bad karma to get this specific waiter fired. Even if I did, I don't know his name. I am not about to go there and point him out as if at a police lineup. I just wanted to let people know to be sure to actually read their tabs and not trust the waiter, in case you get this particular gem. I am sure what this waiter tried to do was not an error and was intentional. Don't you agree if he does this to one he probably does this to many? If you are the type who actually wants to get a bad waiter fired when you catch him at his trick, how about you get him fired? Up 2 you.

I never said stop going to Dicks or that Dicks is bad. Hiring accidents happen.

If it pleases the bitchier among you, how about this warning? Never trust what a waiter tells you is the bill anywhere in Thailand. Be sure to look at the actual written tabs or bill if there is one. Are you happy now?

Liked
    [quote how about this warning? Never trust what a waiter tells you is the bill anywhere in Thailand. Be sure to look at the actual written tabs or bill if there is one. [/quote]

That was one of the first things I was told 10 years ago when I checked into the Cafe Royal for my "virgin visit", and has proven oh so valuable the subsequent 15 visits. Saved myself over bt$800 on 4 occasions since, on dining,beach chair vendors and hotel bills. Not just in Thailand, everywhere I travel, it just makes sense (cents).

With that said: Dicks is impeccable as a dining establishment (and I am a fellow restaurateur) BUT..... I still check the bill.