Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Everything happens for a reason, I guess?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Everything happens for a reason, I guess?

Think I got myself into a bit of a mess again. Been chatting with a guy basically daily for about 7 or 8 months now. He just finished his exams today, has his passport now, and is planning to come shortly. Cool deal, except... yeah, what a cock-up this is.

He's a great guy, and no problems with him, except he's looking for an actual relationship. That's fine, except a) he's only 21, so great age for a gik (fuck buddy), but too young for an actual relationship, and b) he's as poor as they come. Not that being poor is a bad thing, but they're generally more needy. That, and just too immature.

I can't say no to him though. Three times now I've politely told him to go away, but he's a persistent little bugger. He comes from a rough life -- you know, when he tells me he came home to find some food, he doesn't mean he's going through the fridge to see what there is. He means he's going out in the yard to catch frogs, or snails, or gather some bamboo, or whatever. He has an alcoholic father who on the rare occasion will slap him around, parents are seperated, etc.

So how do you say no to someone like that when they tell you they need you? I've backed off from the relationship angle now completely, although I know full well he's going to try and seduce the shit out of me. Nonetheless, I have an extra bedroom here and everything, so as long as I keep some ground rules in place, can't really see the harm. He's coming from a rough place any way, so having a nice comfortable home, with loads of good food always in the fridge is kinda the humane thing to do. A little extra food, and a few extra hundred baht for electric is hardly going to break the bank for me.

Let's just hope I can stay firm, and keep my guard up when needed. I tend to be too nice for my own good, and many people take kindness for weakness.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Newstar (June 24th, 2016)