List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya, the good and the bad so far.

Liked

Pattaya, the good and the bad so far.

The good... Boyz Boyz Boyz 10pm boys show was very nice! They did one erotic performance that turned me on to the point of getting an erection. The show had no nudity but was very erotic and the guys were nice to look at with one of them having a body that Adonis would be happy to have himself.

The Bad... After the show at Boyz Boyz Boyz I went to see the show at the Copa and could not wait for the show to end, not because the show was bad but because the ladyboys were not as interesting as sexy guys in well packed g-strings acting erotically on the state.

I will go back to Boyz x 3 and will skip the Copa for a while.

Krazy Dragon? Sigh... Once my favorite place.... Last night (Tuesday) I stopped by. Most of the gogo guys were half hanging out the door more interested on what was going on outside than inside, but the guy at the door beckoned me in so I entered. I was given a frozen beer and one dancer came over and asked to join me. I was not interested in him so he moved on and he was the last dancer to approach my table. I looked around and saw 2 guys sitting in the corner alone and they too had no gogo guys at their table. They sat unbothered for 20 minutes before one guy got up and approached the bar to pay their bill and they left. In the far corner were the gogo guys joking and talking in a huddle. I could not help but think that the bar lacked management or it was a case of the cat being away so the mice would play.

I stood to pay my bill (I knew once I stood up someone would approach me) and they asked me to sit and wait for my change but I was ready to go. My beer was still frozen and only producing foam and ice crystals slowly pushing out of the top of the bottle. I was wondering if the waiter expected a tip after 20 minutes of no service and no gogo guys other than the single guy who greeted me?

I got my change and left 20 baht in the folder and proceded to leave. As I was leaving I could hear one of them whispering for me to tip the guys... It made me laugh because I wanted to ask if there was any gogo guys to tip?

Off I went to Xboys and the show was good and the guys were full of life and flirting playfully with me and other customers.

Tonight I will go to Happy Place and try their show. I was there Monday night but missed the show. In there the staff was friendly and I met a British guy sitting next to me. he was a nice guy who had a Thai boyfriend. One of the staff talked me into buying them a drink but I think tonight I will only buy drinks for those I want to buy a drink for and not for those that gently push you to buy them a drink.

I'm not sure if I will give krazy dragon a return, I don't want to waste my time since I am only here till Momday and on my last trip I had more bad night at the Krazy Dragon than good nights.

So far on this trip I have not offed anyone, everyone I have spent time with I have either met at DJ station, Babylon, known from previous trips or met them from the online services like Gayromeo, Manhunt, Grindr and such. I was going to off a guy but decided I wanted something more than a come & go situation. With guys who are in it for fun, they are there for fun unlike a hired partner who is dressed and ready to go seconds after their orgasm.

Maybe I will finish my final night here with a hired guy or I will wait for my return to BKK to off someone.

Well... I am headed to Sansuk now... Everyone take care!

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Pattaya, the good and the bad so far.

I like the concept of Krazy Dragon (no show, boys move around on the tables, no smoking), but my last visit (last month) was disappointing. I'll put that down to the fact that they are currently under-staffed (there were about 5 boys and less customers, while I don't care about how many customers are there - apart from wishing good bars many customers - 5 boys simply get lost in this bar, under unfavorable circumstances you don't see any of them).

Have fun in Sansuk, Bucky! I was there last month and despite the reconstruction work, the experience was positive.

Liked

Have to agree with all that has been said with the KD. I have much more fun across the soi in Good boys, even though they are all straight as an arrow there. I too want to see the owners prosper.

Liked

Tonight I got a late start and made Funnyboys.. Is that the name? I think it is... I stopped at Funnyboys based on the posts here talking about the guys there and they were right, the place was filled with guys and adoring customers. Well there were more customers than I cared to count anyway, and the guys seem to be coming out of the woodwork!

I called one guy over and we shared a drink. My drink was 150 baht and his was 160. When 10 pm came I tipped him and made my way out the bar with the bar guys flirting with me and touching my arm and shoulder as I made my way out. They were as kind to me leaving as they were to me arriving. I like the place and will go back.

I went to Boyz boyz boyz for the 10pm show and was given a bad seat so I only ordered a cola for 180 baht. I gave them 200 baht and they didn't bring me my change.... I was going to tip them the change but the decided to steal it from me... Oh well. The show was good but it bothered me that they stole my change.

I left there and went for a walk and ended up at Happy Place while their show was going on. I walked into the bar where about 3 or 4 customers were there watching the show. The part of the show I came in on was an erotic performance I never seen before and then the rest of the show was a final two acts that were staples of the bar. I say that because I knew I seen them perform those acts many times last year when I was there. Last year the bar seemed fun and full of energy and everyone seemed happy. This time.... I can only guess that the new owners are running the bar the way they want to run it now that Daboss has retired. While I was there I was pushed to buy a worker there a drink who sat with me, who I didn't invite to sit with me. It was the same person that invited themself to my group yesterday. Today I refused to even answer them when they constantly asked "Drink for me?" They finally left my side and left me alone.

Left there and went to Xboyx. Had fun there watching the show. 200 baht drink... Saw the B-boys, magic act and tipped them when they passed the hat. then there was an erotic S&M show. I would tell you what the DJ said to me and proposed to me but I have been told not to make my posts about me so much, so I won't talk about the things the guys are saying to me or what if any propositions are being made to me. I will share that with my friends back home to add to the legend that is Thailand.

Well I am waiting for a romeo guy to show up so I am going to log off and lock my stuff up.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Same same for me!
    Its quite strange to walk into a bar in Thailand and be completely ignored....
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    the new owners are running the bar the way they want to run in now that Daboss has retired.
    Every Thai I know believes that only Thais know how to run any aspect of a successful business in Thailand.
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you Bucknaway for the news on the bar as I have tried to stay away and let the boys do as they see fit. I did however talk to them this evening spreading your concern over someone asking for a drink and someone coming over uninvited which was a strict policy of mine I do hope they address it and will address it again today but as you know, now up to them.

Liked

Interesting reports Bucky. We certainly have differing preferences, as BBB is a place that does nothing for me...but I can appreciate everyone is different. Glad you are having a good time there.

I have had pretty good experiences in KD, so the reports of being ignored are disconcerting.
    It is not the same experience as a typical gogo bar...much more interactive in my experience, and I don't mean the 20 baht grope. More flirting and one-on-one type encounters than just watching some dancing. Maybe that is why there is some disappointment?

Anyway, thanks for checking in and sharing your perspective.

Your experience in KD mirrors mine in that I have never really been inclined to buy more than 1 drink in there - for me, it's too bloody dark for a start and there's no atmosphere to encourage me to stay.

For me, it's always been somewhere to go in with a few friends and a stack of 20B notes, have 1 drink, share out the 20B notes and leave.

You have identified a bee i have in my bonnet when you suggest that the owner was not on the premises (or certainly didn't appear to be). The little bee in my bonnet is not specific to any bar, it's a general frustration I have.

Now, I know I take stick on here for these observations but I stick to my guns - why oh why do (apparently successful) people buy a bar then spend more time in other bars than they do in their own? I just don't understand it - these "absentee landlords" as I call them, are seldom on the premises and then they wonder why the takings don't match the stock (go figure) and why customers stop coming because the boys would rather giggle among themselves in a corner than attend to the customers.

If you want to buy a bar which caters to farangs, then realise that most farangs demand and expect certain levels of service (and cleanliness!) - so the best thing you can do is be on the bloody premises to make sure these standards are delivered. Leaving employees to run your bar is a sure way to slowly run it into the ground - the vast majority of employees only care that they get paid at the end of their shift and give no thought to the sustainability of the business.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If I remember correctly the former owners of KD agreed to take care of the bar until the new owner returns after moving from the USA and I think he said he was due here in December. Very nice man