Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I think it is brilliant what a great community you guys have here. I am going to Thailand at the beginning of April and will be there for about 5 months. I will be working there mostly but I will have a couple weeks here and there to travel and look around (which is great

I will be based primarily in Chiang Mai, but I am planning to spend some time in BKK, Phuket (maybe Pattaya) and go to other cities that are worth visiting.

Since I am from eastern Europe my financial background is not the same as the regular farang traveller to Thailand. And even though the money I'll be making there is above what I understand is the national standard is for someone with a uni degree, it is far from what a westerner would make in the same position. Given this, the fact that I will be there for quite a long time I do not wish to spend alone, and that I never really have had to pay for sex so far ( I am 30 years old, in good shape, maybe even handsome I was wondering if it is possible to find friends/hookups who would go off with you because they like you rather than because of what you have in your wallet.

I am already registered on Gayromeo, and I get quite a few messages every day and thank god not from moneyboys, but reading some of the forums I got the impression that boys in bars seem to be predominantly about money (maybe I am jumping to conclusions here) but I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to be out on the prowl every now and then and find cute Thai boys or cute farang for that matter as internet romance can be too much of a hassle in my experience.

So the bottomline is (sorry for the rambling intro) are there bars in the above mentioned cities where a bloke like me stands a better chance of scoring someone without paying (maybe not just for one night or maybe not even for sex just to hang out with)? Also, since I am a bit of a novice in this area I would really appreciate some tips of how to tell moneyboys from the ones who are not, I am not sure asking is a good way, as I have read boys get offended if we are presumptious and wrong...

Thanks everyone in advance

Z