List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bar boys / money boys / taxi money boys ???

Bar boys / money boys / taxi money boys ???

Ok, so I'm almost ashamed to admit it but after going to LOS many times now I STILL have next to no idea what the difference is ( if any) between taxi money boys, bar boys and money boys !

On my travels I've always "assumed" that taxi money boys where basically just guys who being out for a night out who decided on the spur of the moment to make (quite) a few Baht for themselves from a passing farang they met in a bar or club etc, however as I was always unsure and always "assumed" or was aware that that may actually just have been straight forward money boys using the taxi excuse to let them / the farang save "face" so to speak I always then dressed up "payment" for their services as "here's some money to help with your taxi home", which was always received gratefully under that same pretense. Likewise with bar boys, I just "assumed" that they were also moneyboys who just happened to choose to always work from the same particular bar for reasons best known to themselves maybe involving having some sort of regular lifestyle and having their friends around them etc ? and money boys, well I just assumed that they were plain and simple, lay it on the line, lets go sort of guys with no requirement for any sort fancy dressing up as above put on the transaction - as I am always wary of getting it wrong and either insulting a "taxi boy" or offending ( and pissing off ) a money boy I tend to treat every single guy the same and paying everyone and what I figure a money boy would expect i.e.1000-1500 baht or so.......so someone put me out of my misery, am I totally stupid or is there basically no difference in all three types of guy ???

Liked

Re: Bar boys / money boys / taxi money boys ???

They're all the same. The goal for all of them is simple -- help you alleviate the burden of carrying around a heavy wallet. It's just the tactics that are different, but they all have the same end result in mind.

Oh yeah I get that bit :-) but I've read on a few other (dating) sites people saying things in their "ads" like "definitely no money boys, but bar boy ok" - and some other people saying really horrible things about money boys but not anyone else ? surely it's all just same - same but NO different :-) ! and people are just deluding themselves ? - and likewise re the taxi boy saga, personally I'm happy with an up front "I'm a money boy" line and then everyone knows where they stand ! :-)....because as you say the one thing you know is that they are going to go home that little bit better off and you on the other hand are not ! - well financially speaking anyway :-)......although ( nearly always ) worth every penny if you ask me no matter what they wish to call themselves ! :-) So, is there a subtle difference like a bar boy is happy to sit in a bar (drinking) all night with you ( with you paying of course ) and then go home whereas a money boy is just all about down to business and move on etc perhaps ????

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dunno what a taxi money boy is.
    sure wish my luck was better getting a cute
    motorcycle boy in the queue.
    rarely get a cute driver

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    I always then dressed up "payment" for their services as "here's some money to help with your taxi home", which was always received gratefully under that same pretense.
    LOL... I've never heard them called "taxi money boys" before.

If they're after money or accept money they're money boys. But there are varying categories of money boys:

(1) Full-time money boys are the gogo boys and host bar boys making a full-time living offering sex and companionship to men. Can include freelancers at DJ station, street prostitutes and such. They expect money and I doubt you need to be subtle about it.

(2) Part money boys do it on the side. They also study or have a job. Some can be fairly direct about being a moneyboy and others like to be subtle. If it makes you comfortable, hand over some money with the pre-tense of "taxi money".

(3) Opportunists don't really go out with the aim of pulling a trick each night but if a wealthy farang takes a liking to them they'll offer themselves up for a little cash. It's nicer to be subtle with them by offering "taxi money" so they don't feel too dirty about it. There's a bit of a blurry line between (2), (3) and (4).

(4) Poor boys (for want of a better term) have a little more integrity about their body and won't have sex with you just for the money. They have to actually like you, be interested in you or intrigued by you. But since they're quite poor, it's good manners for you to pay for everything and offer them some help getting home after your little fling (which they may or may not take). A farang I met on an earlier trip told me this. I wouldn't really call this category a moneyboy, actually.

The fifth category is normal boys just out to have a good night. They have a degree of integrity and class that says they won't have sex for money. They go with you because they're attracted to you. If you directly offer them money afterwards, they'll be quite insulted and feel VERY dirty (and so should you)! At the most, ask if they want help with a taxi... if they so, the line is clear.

On my earlier trips, I wasn't entirely sure about some boys, whether they were money boys or expected money, so my way of feeling it out was to ask them how they were getting home and if they wanted some money for a taxi and if so, how much. If he's not a money boy the answer will often be, "I take bus" or "no no taxi only xx I have money". Just let them tell you. Unless you're absolutely sure, don't spoil a perfectly genuine encounter paying them like you would a prostitute. Makes me cringe when I hear of this.

I remember one boy on one of my first Bangkok trips. I'm pretty sure he was a moneyboy because I looked at photos on his phone and so many of them had him with older farang! But he refused all offers of any help with a taxi getting home and insisted on paying for his share of meals etc. When I got home I found all these little thumbnail photos of his face in my toiletries kit and bag etc. which he'd planted LOL.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    I always then dressed up "payment" for their services as "here's some money to help with your taxi home", which was always received gratefully under that same pretense.
    LOL... I've never heard them called "taxi money boys" before.

If they're after money or accept money they're money boys. But there are varying categories of money boys:

(1) Full-time money boys are the gogo boys and host bar boys making a full-time living offering sex and companionship to men. Can include freelancers at DJ station, street prostitutes and such. They expect money and I doubt you need to be subtle about it.

(2) Part money boys do it on the side. They also study or have a job. Some can be fairly direct about being a moneyboy and others like to be subtle. If it makes you comfortable, hand over some money with the pre-tense of "taxi money".

(3) Opportunists don't really go out with the aim of pulling a trick each night but if a wealthy farang takes a liking to them they'll offer themselves up for a little cash. It's nicer to be subtle with them by offering "taxi money" so they don't feel too dirty about it. There's a bit of a blurry line between (2), (3) and (4).

(4) Poor boys (for want of a better term) have a little more integrity about their body and won't have sex with you just for the money. They have to actually like you, be interested in you or intrigued by you. But since they're quite poor, it's good manners for you to pay for everything and offer them some help getting home after your little fling (which they may or may not take). A farang I met on an earlier trip told me this. I wouldn't really call this category a moneyboy, actually.

The fifth category is normal boys just out to have a good night. They have a degree of integrity and class that says they won't have sex for money. They go with you because they're attracted to you. If you directly offer them money afterwards, they'll be quite insulted and feel VERY dirty (and so should you)! At the most, ask if they want help with a taxi... if they so, the line is clear.

On my earlier trips, I wasn't entirely sure about some boys, whether they were money boys or expected money, so my way of feeling it out was to ask them how they were getting home and if they wanted some money for a taxi and if so, how much. If he's not a money boy the answer will often be, "I take bus" or "no no taxi only xx I have money". Just let them tell you. Unless you're absolutely sure, don't spoil a perfectly genuine encounter paying them like you would a prostitute. Makes me cringe when I hear of this.

I remember one boy on one of my first Bangkok trips. I'm pretty sure he was a moneyboy because I looked at photos on his phone and so many of them had him with older farang! But he refused all offers of any help with a taxi getting home and insisted on paying for his share of meals etc. When I got home I found all these little thumbnail photos of his face in my toiletries kit and bag etc. which he'd planted LOL.
    Beachlover... You must be a stunner among farangs. Just a minute ago I was reading about Cambodian guys coming to fisticuffs overy you and now I hear a fellow has seeded (love tha word) your toilet bag with pics of his self... WOW LOL indeed. The one I've bonked for a decade now always needs 'help' with the rent. Lucky I am able to provide him with a solution...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well, I'm not Caucasian, I'm Asian. I'm also in my twenties so not unattractive.

Yuck LOL. That boy did not "seed" my toiletries kit LOL. He put a little photo (about 1cm x 2cm) in there and on a couple of other places in my stuff. That fling didn't end so well. He got a bit upset when I insisted I didn't have the capacity for a real relationship (living 9 hours away was one obstacle) and there were a few tears. So it was a bit of a shocker arriving home and obliviously finding his face hidden here and there! Live and learn...

BL - for someone who shows nothing but disdain and contempt for prostitutes and those who make use of their services I find your extensive knowledge of the classifications, motivations and modus operandi of the Thai male prostitute to be delightfully Freudian.

Liked

He more than likely was a moneyboy.But since he was close to your age and you are good looking,he might have felt foolish trying to charge you.

Liked

Well, I'm not Caucasian, I'm Asian. I'm also in my twenties so not unattractive.
    ??? Care to elaborate on that last comment? It seems to imply that everybody in their twenties is attractive.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]