Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding thai food in Pattaya

Liked

Outstanding thai food in Pattaya

While I can understand that the expats can become homesick for their mother's cooking, as a visitor here I am not interested in french or italian restaurants, and stil less in american, dutch or german (no offense intended).
    I enjoy street food which can be excellent, and lots of small restaurants, but yearn sometimes for something quieter and maybe more elaborate. Does that exist ?
    I am also very fond of seafood and fish. Good addresses outside of walking street ?

I would like also an excellent chinese !

Re: Outstanding thai food in Pattay

i am actually the oppisite i never go out hardly when im in london to resturants and so when im in pattaya i like to try many of the different places .. aswell as the street stalls .. but if as you say you want the authentic thai then why not just eat it from the stall as thats as homely as it can get ..
    my favorite place so far for other types of food was a sort of italian restaurant close to sansuk sauna .. going down the hill on the main road back to town .. wonderful food i also liked the village chippy for pretty good fish and chips ... next door to them they also own the village chinky .. tho i never tried it .if there chinese is as good as the fish and chips it will be fine .. now im hungry!!

Never tried Village chinky or the other but I have tried and love the Jolly Friar Fish and Chips 2 doors up from Cartier Boys. I think the street is called Soi Lenky?

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    Never tried Village chinky or the other but I have tried and love the Jolly Friar Fish and Chips 2 doors up from Cartier Boys. I think the street is called Soi Lenky?
    you should try the village chippy they do a proper steak and kidney pudding .. simply devine ..
    some people are so easy to please :bounce:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

re streeft food-Thai style. I have always found PTY to be a very bad place for that-relative to about anywhere else in Thaild. In BKK I often go to the big foodcourts in all big AC-shopcentres, also in TescoLotus or BigC etc-they also do have them in PTY-a bit far from the ''gay centre'' though. A very few places spring to my mind that may halfway meet your request: BOAT and the open air restrt beside the tables along the street 'flying vegetable'' (avoid this one) (well-if it is still there-its been a long time since Ive been in PTY). Both are on 2nd rd. across from the boyztown sois. When you hit the bars, you''ll see the BOAT waiters again...........
    When walking by at mealtimes;look where a lot of Thai also eat& with gusto-not brought in there by white BFs. When you ask boys in bars (a favorite topic for a long time discussion.....) you invariably get pointed at Isan joints with somtam and all that or those giant openair places beyond 3d rd-where loud music and singers are more the norm-also not really my 1st choice.
    Dont know/like seafoods.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Best Chinese food in Pattaya is arguably The Peak.

I love the street food in Bangkok... I tend to stay around my hotel during the day working off my laptop, usually 20 storeys up, and love popping down to grab some of whatever's being sold on the street down below to snack on.

Liked

You may want to try Rin Kitchen for Thai food that is good and inexpensive and in quiet location. From downtown Pattaya take road to Jomtien (Theppraya Rd) and turn left into Soi 9; Rins is not too far. Near Sansuk Sauna which is on Soi 11.

For a more pricey option try Cabbages and Condoms which also has seafood and great ambiance.

Liked

Re: Outstanding thai food in Pattaya

I live in Pattaya and some Thai restaurants that I like are:

Dreamland, a small, new, clean Isaan restaurant on Theppraya Road near Soi 11 (soi to Sansuk). Food is very good and fresh, prices are low, but service is slow.

Or-Ah-Harn Thai on South Pattaya Road, fronting Center Condo. There are 4 restaurants with the kitchen in front on the street, so you have to look closely for the Or-Ah-Harn sign. Or-Ah-Harn has an air conditioned dining room upstairs. Big menu, very reasonable prices and the food is just excellent. Food is as good as Rin's (I think) but prices are lower.

In the Day Night area, across the soi from Bordeaux French Restaurant, Salt and Pepper has very cheap, quick and reliably good Thai food. Very friendly owner from Pakistan with a Thai wife.

In Sunee Plaza, Song Kwae Thai has very cheap and decent food if you are there and don't want to walk far to eat. Very nice Thai couple own and operate this place.

Recently, I discovered Aldo's on Theppraya Road. Thai food is very good, some cute waiters, and reasonable prices.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    For a more pricey option try Cabbages and Condoms which also has seafood and great ambiance.
    That's the one that popped into my mind too. Excellent setting, excellent food.

Liked

Re: Outstanding thai food in Pattaya

I love the restaurant next to the Or-a-harn-thai on Pattaya Tai. The Or-a-harn-thai itself is good but you can wait an hour for your food. The one to the right is much quicker.

Someone mentioned the Village Chinky - that closed several months ago. It never made it.

I also like the tiny Thai restaurant in Sunee plaza between Good Boys and Three Zone. Superb real Thai food at a fraction of the cost of many places. And you can eat it in other bars - they will come and deliver as long as the bar owner doesn't mind. It's cheaper than Song Kwae by about half!

James