Saw some MT yesterday eve whilst passing y a couple of Thai yelling at their TV-here in BKK though.
MT is not famed for ´pretty guys´-those doing it longer all seem to have deformed faces or other parts-probably thats why this ´game´ is for. BTW-major use of this game seems to be the enormous betting for money going on.
For me quite some time now since I last was in the ´cool rose of the north´, but here in BKK with also some 4-5 big MT venues, these operate on a rotating base, with on quiet days just 1 working, busy days maybe 2. Assume it will be same-same over there.
BUT any touristy town will have also several such venues more as shows plainly aiming the tourists, so in CM likely that night bazaar. These may have starters or apprentices who may still look hensum/looplaw.
Was in a night-bazaar, named Indy, in Daokanong, myself yesterday eve, in a complete non-touristy part of town-did not know they are also building a new metroline there so traffic to get there was horrendous bad, around half that place was offering food but then mostly non-Thai sourced, but made more appetite for Thai taste=quite the other way tourist places present their Thai food toned down for farang taste! Pfooh: all really hensum guys there, also in the bus to there, were already coupled to ladies-though for latin that might perhaps have been the bigger challenge.