List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

Liked

Re: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

I've been sitting back thoroughly enjoying the Latin and Frequent show, both suddenly flooding the board, trying desperately to outdo each other in the game of fake news and alternative facts.

Frequent wrote:

"as an ex-pat, I recognise that I'm living in an Asian Disneyland..."

Interesting how you recently slipped that information about living in Thailand into a post, and continue to mention it.

I'm surprised that nobody has questioned this assertion, as it's obviously total bullshit. I mean :

1. You've been on this board for a very long time - close to two decades? - and now you mention it? What took you so long?

2. You've lived for three decades in Bangkok yet don't know the layout of Soi Twilight? (I hate to bring it up, but remember the time you fell flat on your face, having misunderstood the position of the bars in Soi Twilight? In your frenzied rush to point out what you thought was my error (ably backed up by yet another of your handles - Brisbaneguy), it turns out you got it all wrong. Did you apologise? No, of course not. You lack the class to do anything like that, you silly little old man.

3. Would you risk posting links to websites critical of you-know-who whilst remaining in country?

4. Oh, and a little birdie told us that you post from Australia. Surfcrest wrote in the thread "The plight of kommentariat":

"I just hope that when I block that South Brisbane proxy server,......"

But in some respects, you are indeed living in Disneyland - Fantasyland, I suspect!

Lol

BTW, here's Surfcrest again:

"I think you and the membership recalls the map of the world I published a while back, when you were telling everyone that you were in Greece, when in fact you were not.

I'm not sure why telling the truth is so difficult for you.

My patience has run out for you.

Surfcrest"

So, how is the weather in Queensland, frequent?

Liked

Re: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

I agree with Justaguy - Thailand is backward in many aspects and not protecting minorities is just one of those things.

I don't actually expect anything better from what is still in many aspects a third world country, but some of the responses from members are very disappointing.

No, in 2017 it's NOT actually OK to discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, sexuality, marital status or nitpicking the specific form of marriage, just because you own a hotel. Are you fucking NUTS?

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

justaguy (May 1st, 2017), Nirish guy (May 2nd, 2017)

Liked

Welcome back a447. While you were away I took over sleuthing duties and exposed Sexual Deviant Latin as a virtual beggar tramping his way down and down the social strata.

Scottish: I've lost count of how many members have complained about straight customers in gay bars. I am of the opinion that we would all be happier if there were a few places we could go that only allowed certain types of people in. I expect the gay lobby to screeeeaaaaam at me over this. It's just my opinion. After all there are plenty of places that make it clear they only cater for the gay crowd.
    Last edited by arsenal; May 1st, 2017 at 21:13.

Liked

Surely you accept there's a world of difference between venues "catering" to a certain clientele but still being open to others, and businesses actually banning gay/black/unmarried people.

In 40 years of frequenting "gay" establishments I've yet to see any person being refused entry unless they were drunk or a known troublemaker.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Your self-satisfaction is evident for all to see. Yet you wish to impose your behavioural rules on others
    Oh be serious, I don't impose rules on others, I happen to not be religious, get over yourself to use your own remark...

Liked

Banning, perhaps not but actively discouraging I think is common enough. And it works both ways, for example the White Rose Mansion on Soi Yensabai only caters to middle Easern guests. I'm not talking about apartheid, just places where similar people can go. and feel comfortable. Maybe you want to spend the afternoon bobbing your huge corpulent frame about in the hotel swimming pool while your young Vietnamese chum wraps himself around you. And you'd do that if there were families sitting around the pool drinking Slush Puppies would you and playing Kerplunk would you?

Liked

But we are talking about a hotel, at which guests are being refused based upon the fact that they are Thai or look Thai and happen to be with a partner that is certainly not Thai. And this all on the premises (which cannot possibly be proven) that The Thai is a prostitute and the partner a whoremonger.

Now do you seriously see nothing wrong with this, I cannot believe that.

In a civilized country the Atlanta would be out of business and bloody rightly so.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    ..bobbing your huge corpulent frame about in the hotel swimming pool while your young Vietnamese chum wraps himself around you..
    When someone resorts to ad-hominem attacks (without even knowing if my frame is huge, corpulent, sylph-like, or any stage in between), you can be sure that they have lost the argument.

Furthermore, a "family friendly" hotel is the very last place I would check into.

Liked

The atlanta is NOT a family friendly hotel, according to the text posted by smiles they have a problem with kids too

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

"The Atlanta welcomes families and our staff are good with children. However, there is a limit. Parents must keep their children under reasonable control so that other guests are not disturbed."

I don't think anyone can object to that!

It's a business. You don't like their policies don't spend your money there. That's way more productive, and rather less tedious, than whining away repeatedly on some internet forum, having no effect but just giving the place publicity!

It's not racist, it's not sexist, they just don't want sex tourists. There are other hotels that have the same attitude, but are less upfront about it. The Atlanta make their policy on guests completely clear. It doesn't seem unreasonable that they have the right to do that.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 2nd, 2017), Smiles (May 2nd, 2017)