List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

My apologies to Scottish who is not only non-corpulent but actually has a Charles Atlasesquw body and would not be out of place on a box of Scott's Porage Oats.

But you didn't tell me whether you would feel comfortable cavorting in the pool with your boyfriend at a family hotel. An oversight on your part.

Liked

Re: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    My apologies to Scottish who is not only non-corpulent but actually has a Charles Atlasesquw body and would not be out of place on a box of Scott's Porage Oats.

But you didn't tell me whether you would feel comfortable cavorting in the pool with your boyfriend at a family hotel. An oversight on your part.
    Ummmm - I did tell you. I told you I'd never check in to a "family" hotel - i.e. one that actively targets young families because although I have never cavorted by the pool with anyone, I would not wish them to cramp my style and vice-versa. That's my free choice (and their's) and is quite different from either group being banned by the hotel management.

Now, to be even more controversial - I would almost never check into a gay hotel either. Many years ago I regularly did so but I always got the feeling that one's every move was scrutinised and commented on by the elderly, bitchy, gay desperado queens who seem to haunt (or own!) such establishments and whose only pleasure in life, since they can't Manage a wank these days, is in belittling others

Kinda like this board y'know

3. User who gave Like to post:

justaguy (May 2nd, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Ummmm - I did tell you. I told you I'd never check in to a "family" hotel - i.e. one that actively targets young families
    I quite agree. Just as I'm free to spend my money wherever I choose, business owners should be equally free to choose their customers if they want. If I owned a restaurant for example I'd be discouraging families with small children from becoming customers by invoking, say, (imaginary) licensing regulations about adults only. As for nursing mothers - I certainly don't want to see some woman flop her tits out in public so that her spawn can guzzle
    Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    I understand you have no problem with blatant racism being applied by members of staff of this hotel, I do have a problem with that.
    As I said before, you claim that everyone should be able to do as they choose but want to force some people (ie. business owners) to behave as you demand. No-one has to do as you demand - as you keep reminding me, when it suits you - but apparently you want to apply that rule selectively

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ...business owners should be equally free to choose their customers if they want... (you) want to force some people (ie. business owners) to behave as you demand. No-one has to do as you demand...
    Whilst I appreciate that you claim to live in Thailand (take that up with a447), you must nevertheless be well aware that business owners in more enlightened countries simply can no longer do as they please with regard to whom they supply their services.

In right-minded countries business owners are not exempt from anti-discrimination laws - and quite righly so - no matter how much you might wish it to be the case. If you offer or sell a service to the public you may not pick and choose to whom you supply it, if your refusal is based on illegal criteria.

You could ask NIrish about the "Gay Cake" if you need any further education on those matters.

Unfortunately Thailand is still in the dark ages in this respect, so business owners can get away with practices which might in other countries see them heavily fined or even locked up (again, quite rightly).

Further, even if Thailand emerged from the dark ages tomorrow and passed some meaningful equality legislation, the endemic bribery and corruption within the BIB would ensure that the law was simply not applied.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 2nd, 2017), justaguy (May 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I quite agree. Just as I'm free to spend my money wherever I choose, business owners should be equally free to choose their customers if they want. If I owned a restaurant for example I'd be discouraging families with small children from becoming customers by invoking, say, (imaginary) licensing regulations about adults only. As for nursing mothers - I certainly don't want to see some woman flop her tits out in public so that her spawn can guzzleAs I said before, you claim that everyone should be able to do as they choose but want to force some people (ie. business owners) to behave as you demand. No-one has to do as you demand - as you keep reminding me, when it suits you - but apparently you want to apply that rule selectively
    So you think it is ok for say a bar owner to tell you to leave the premises just because you are gay ? If the answer is yes, we have nothing more to discuss. The right of a business owner to do whatever he pleases stop when laws are broken. No business owner should have the right to refuse someone based upon religion, sexuality or race, including this hotel. Have a problem with respecting the law, do some other business.

Now your rebuttal will most likely be that Thailand does not have such laws, and maybe just maybe I am advocating for them to get with the program and introduce such laws.

You see it all over Thailand, no Ladyboys here, no Israelis there. I personally stay well clear of such establishments as policies like that are dispicable.

About 10 years ago we go into some bar in Chiang Mai (I believe it was the indoors spicy bar) we were with a group of ten, most of them already in, ordering Whiskey and mixer, but I missed the Katoey. Went to look for him, he was still at the door, told me he couldn't come in because he was a lady boy. So I go to the owner, aks him why the ladyboy wasn't allowed in, so he confirmed it was their policy. I told him to cancel the whiskey and Mixer and that we all would leave. Of course the weasel suddenly allowed the lady boy in, to which I said, doesn't matter, we are going to leave anyway, I don't want to part with my money at a place like this

By the way, this policy of the hotel is higly hypocritical. It's aimed at foreign whoremongers, people who not even make up 5% of the total sex trade in Thailand. The domestic trade is much bigger, more exploitative, many instances of underage prostitutes. But I bet a Thai whoremonger trying to check in with his Thai hooker can actually proceed to the room for some short or long time sex. Hypocrites.
    Last edited by justaguy; May 3rd, 2017 at 00:39.

8. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (May 3rd, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

So you think it is ok for say a bar owner to tell you to leave the premises just because you are gay ? If the answer is yes, we have nothing more to discuss. The right of a business owner to do whatever he pleases stop when laws are broken. No business owner should have the right to refuse someone based upon religion, sexuality or race, including this hotel. Have a problem with respecting the law, do some other business.
    As I keep saying, you want to impose your First World, politically correct beliefs on everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Whilst I appreciate that you claim to live in Thailand (take that up with a447), you must nevertheless be well aware that business owners in more enlightened countries simply can no longer do as they please with regard to whom they supply their services.
    But we are not talking about "more enlightened" countries, we are discussing the policies of a Thai hotel in Thailand. As for a447, he finds our close friendship something of a burden intellectually. I keep telling him he's too trusting, all those phishing emails he keeps opening because, you know, everything you read on the Internet must be true and no-one has an ulterior motive ...

Banned
    Liked

So you think it is ok for say a bar owner to tell you to leave the premises just because you are gay ?
    Did you fail Comprehension 101 at school, or is this an adult-onset malady? Whether I think it's OK or not is not the issue. The issue is - should I be able to impose my values on the way someone else behaves. You're saying the hotel should be able to impose its values only if those values are the same as your values, otherwise not.

Liked

Scottish wrote:
    Now, to be even more controversial - I would almost never check into a gay hotel either."

We are in total harmony on that. In fact give me the family place over the gay one. Imagine the hysteria at breakfast if the right flavour yogurt is not available.

Liked

Frequent, in case there's still someone on the board who thinks you live in Thailand, here's another quote, this time from your own mouth. It's from the "My Strayan Saga" thread you began in 2015:

I'll be spending a few days in Thailand. I'm thinking Chiang Mai for New Year. Perhaps I'll write about that too.
    Oops!

Caught out lying again, you silly little old man!

How's the weather in.....where was it now? Oh, that's right - South Brisbane.

Getting a bit hot, is it? Especially under the collar?

Lol

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 2nd, 2017)

Liked

I read "on the internet" that you have lived in Thailand for decades.

Don't obfuscate; explain why you told us in 2015 that you would be visiting Thailand.