List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

Liked

Re: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    And that is why, as an ex-pat, I recognise that I'm living in an Asian Disneyland that I refuse to take seriously. I know I'm a whoremonger and frankly I don't give a damn what other people say - never have, never will. I think you'll find that's the basis of the Third of Buddhism's Four Noble Truths. You should try them yourself
    Nah, because I am not a whoremonger. Not religious either.

Just as I can't stand taxi drivers refusing service, I can't stand this establishment. Why run a hotel if you suddenly become picky whom you are willing to serve, that's utterly counter productive. Do something else.

The basis at which service is refused is based on prejudice and ignorance.

Banned
    Liked

Re: Whats the name of that REALLY strict / Judgemental "don't come here if you're a sex tourist" hotel again please ??

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Nah, because I am not a whoremonger. Not religious either.

Just as I can't stand taxi drivers refusing service, I can't stand this establishment. Why run a hotel if you suddenly become picky whom you are willing to serve, that's utterly counter productive. Do something else.

The basis at which service is refused is based on prejudice and ignorance.
    You just need to get over yourself

Liked

You just need to get over yourself
    You have no place telling me what to do. Fine you don't get offended, that's your decision. I do get offended by this behaviour and I have explained why.

I am pretty certain most people would be offended if they were refused service on this basis, except maybe for the target audience, but they are probably already aware of this policy and hence go elsewhere.

Liked

justaguy wrote:
    "No they cannot possibly know. I know of several legitimately married couples that have been turned away at the hotel, or were refused service at their mediocre restaurant.
    I wonder if these people are not ashamed of themselves, their judgemental additude will inevitably lead to gross errors of judgement that will lead to a great loss of face for all involved...
    Someone there either don't have a brain, or declined to use them."

I really don't care. And by using the phrase 'legitimately married couples' you're actually supporting the hotels' policies by recognising that such a thing exists and can be compared to other non 'legitimately married couples.' Although I'm sure you didn't mean to.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    justaguy wrote:
    "No they cannot possibly know. I know of several legitimately married couples that have been turned away at the hotel, or were refused service at their mediocre restaurant.
    I wonder if these people are not ashamed of themselves, their judgemental additude will inevitably lead to gross errors of judgement that will lead to a great loss of face for all involved...
    Someone there either don't have a brain, or declined to use them."

I really don't care. And by using the phrase 'legitimately married couples' you're actually supporting the hotels' policies by recognising that such a thing exists and can be compared to other non 'legitimately married couples.' Although I'm sure you didn't mean to.
    Hmm no I did not mean to do that, but I think what I meant was pretty clear, I doubt many Whoremongers are married with the hooker they just barfined...

Legitimately married means just that, married by law.

Oh and to be perfectly clear, I also don't find it ok that they are refusing whoremongers with their hookers.

Banned
    Liked

You have no place telling me what to do. Fine you don't get offended, that's your decision. I do get offended by this behaviour and I have explained why.
    We are all sinners, brother - although in your case I think the description of Matthew 23:27 particularly applies

Liked

I find it perfectly ok for them to refuse anyone they like. Unless I'm mistaken there is nothing about gays or any particular race. You know something justaguy. At some point in the past someone decided that everyone should be able to have everything they want whenever they want it. Well, turns out it ain't so. It's their hotel and they can do what they like. If they only want certain people coming in then that's their business. Not yours and not mine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I find it perfectly ok for them to refuse anyone they like. Unless I'm mistaken there is nothing about gays or any particular race. You know something justaguy. At some point in the past someone decided that everyone should be able to have everything they want whenever they want it. Well, turns out it ain't so. It's their hotel and they can do what they like. If they only want certain people coming in then that's their business. Not yours and not mine.
    I disagree with that. And yes this is about race, as mixed couples are being refused on the basis that they are a mixed couple. The way the policy is applied is racist. But this is Thailand, racism is of no concern.

Liked

We are all sinners, brother - although in your case I think the description of Matthew 23:27 particularly applies
    It might be, I choose to remain ignorant when the bible is concerned

Banned
    Liked

It might be, I choose to remain ignorant when the bible is concerned
    Your self-satisfaction is evident for all to see. Yet you wish to impose your behavioural rules on others