A short piece on the "Thailand's blind children's orchestra" for anyone who might be interested.

Personally once I heard the elephant camp linkage I just started to think "yeah no doubt another money making scheme for someone who will no doubt have the kids being wheeled out for paying performances, either locally or internationally. But then, even if so I wondered ( assuming the kids are getting looked after) is that even such a bad thing ?

Or, I could of course just be being a terrible cynic and it is just what it's meant to look like i.e some good people doing good things for blind children and letting them enjoy making music? Either way, I guess it can't hurt - right ?

From BBC website....

The Thai Blind Orchestra is made up of young musicians and is run by a man whose daytime job is managing an elephant conservation centre. It’s one of a very few initiatives in Thailand that gives blind children a chance to learn to play instruments. A BBC team went to meet the group at an open-air concert they held at a national park in the north east of Thailand.

Link below for those that are interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39330976