Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Your most unexpected encounter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Your most unexpected encounter

Being in my late teens/very early 20's and an AVID "cottager" at the time, I can tell you that the incidence of sex in UK public toilets dropped off dramatically not because of the internet or apps but when AIDS became known.

Almost at a stroke the publicity and the UK Govt TV campaign caused vast majority of the str8/bi/married guys (which made up a *very* large percentage of the "regulars") to just disappear from that scene

Cottaging, in anything like the degree it had previously existed, never recovered from that and the *later* advent of the internet and apps killed it almost stone dead.

In the "good old days" you could regularly walk in on a daisy chain of guys all wanking sucking and fucking in public - or if that wasn't your scene you could just wait and something more to your taste would surely turn up. I remember one cottage in Hove where I had just opened the door to be greeted by an orgy which would not have been out of place in Sodom or Gomorrah.

For better or worse, that whole scene (as it was) is now finished and I hear it's slim pickings nowadays.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 24th, 2017), fountainhall (March 24th, 2017), TaoR (March 24th, 2017)