Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
BKK:
Last year they only allowed Songkran in Bkk on the 13th due to water shortages

I arrived the night time of no.13.
We went to Silom on afternoon no.14 => Dead and no Songkran
We then moved on To Khao San Road => Dead no Songkran same
Eventually found a street party going on at Siam... but that was about it

Pattaya:
Seeing as the OP is a Songkran fan, I can recommend going to North Pattaya on the 18th
Just don't take a songtaew there as it will take ages to get to the Dolphin roundabout (where it all starts)

On the night of the 18th there is usually one of the biggest Morlams of the year on 3rd road... and Songkran is usually played all night that night on Walking st. (and Pattayaland soi 1)

Of course no. 19 is usually the biggest day. Traditionally all traffic used to move south to Jomtien over the day... but more recently its been centered around Central.

Another tradition was that Songkran would stop at sundown on the 19th... and everyone would go home shattered... Pattaya would be a ghost town
Last year it continued until way after, there were street parties, and a big water party in Tiffany car park... We ended up in Tumnan Issan and people were still playing water and powder at 3am
I can assure you that on the 14th of april 2016 there was full on Songkran in Silom. Not sure what time you did look, but I started my second Songkran day at 16:00.

The third day (15-4-2016) there was indeed no Songkran on Silom due to the festival being shortened to two days instead of three. There was Songkran around Nana on that day though.