FAQ & Help

Thread: Asia Guys Net

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Asia Guys Net

Quote Originally Posted by BonTong View Post
    Not sure why Lavender Lanna was brought up as it's rather ancient history now. Though it did do some damage to the reputation of gay people and businesses in the city at the time. Especially happening not long after the gay pride debacle and provoking further protests.
    I actually enjoyed the Lavender Lanna comments for they brought back quite a few memories of that time, especially the very good shows in the basement theatre. I agree with others that they were the most professional shows anywhere in Thailand at that time. It was also one of the great gay scandals for many years. I had only heard snippets of information about the owner. I had no idea he was a notorious as BonTong clarifies.

I'm glad there's another Taiwan fan on the forum. I also had a Taiwanese bf for 5 years but at that time I never really considered living full-time in Taipei. I now visit regularly - at least 4 times a year with my next trip next week - and part of me wishes I had moved there rather than to Bangkok, the more so with the government now seeming to be encouraging retirees. The problem is that visas are maximum 90 days at present. Presumably that will change.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Buck Bee (February 12th, 2017)